cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration for CN41 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know where in SPRO can I configure what goes into the Actual Revenues Column in CN41? Because I have this problem wherein some of the actual costs posted in WBSE's are not included in the Actual Costs column but instead they are included in the Actual Revenues column, but act as deductions to the Revenues. See example below to illustrate what i mean:

Let's say WBSE ABC have 3 types of postings in it; Labor Costs, Travel Expenses and Revenues. In CN41, instead of computing it like this:

Actual Costs = Labor costs + Travel Expenses

Actual Revenues = Revenues

It computes it like this:

Actual Costs = Labor Costs

Actual Revenues = Revenues - Travel Expenses

Your insighs are badly needed. Thanks!

Regards,

Phillip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Whatever data is being shown in CN41 is correct as its standard report.

If you bare facing any problem in cost and revenue,

then do one thing.

Create two value category group for Cost and revenue separately and include the cost elemnts respectively.

Then run CJEN transaction

then check the report.

Then all the cost and revenue will be shown in the report correctly.

ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashis,

Checking the system, there is no value categories created yet. Unfortunately I'm currently in a Support project, not an implementation one, so creating value categories and assigning the cost elements is being considered but it's sort of not the main option right now. I'm looking more for the reason why postings for cost element with cost elemen cat = 1, which is obviously a cost category, is being reported under Revenues in CN41. Is this really the standard? I mean that for postings for Cost element with cost elem cat = 1, be reported under Revenues in CN41?

But I'll suggest this advice you've given if we can't find any alternative solution. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Phillip

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Value categories are for hierarchical report and I dont think it will affect structure report like CN41. You can run CJEN without creating value categories.

0 Kudos

Value category customizing is obligatory customizing.

It is correct, that often the reports reading from RPSCO are working correctly even though no value category is maintained in the system. But when you have a short look onto table RPSCO, you will see, that BELTP is NOT a key field. That leads to the effect, that updating data into RPSCO without using value category (initial ACPOS) will lead to incorrect data, when you update revenues and expenses into the same RPSCO-Key (and with initial ACPOS the key will be identical for some debit and credit postings).

So, please maintain your value category customizing!

Edited by: Gerald Vilimovsky on May 5, 2010 2:33 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gerald, thanks for your detailed information about value categories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I execute CJEN, then ran CN41. I compared the result with other reports as well. The Actual Cost column is now correct as verified with other reports. But for Actual Revenues column as compared to some reports, as compared to other reports it's wrong. Below are the Cost/Revenue results for each reports. There are other reports that suggested the value in CN41 for Revenues is correct and there other reports that says it is not, but what's good is that those reports that shows a different values for Revenues are consistent in crunching out "758,555.52 - ". I just need to check what caused the variance but I think we're getting nearer in resolving this. Thanks a lot.

CN41

Costs - 785,792.02

Revenues - 21,913.00-

S_ALR_87013531 - Costs/Revenues/Expenditures/Receipts

Costs - 785,792.02

Revenues - 21,913.00-

CJI3

Costs - 785,792.02

Revenues - 758,555.52 -

Regards,

Phillip

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJI3 is a line item report and if you are considering whatever shows in negative value as revenue then you may be wrong, even reversed cost will also be in negative...So, sort your data with debit type, values with debit type 2 is revenue and 1 is cost. Please check this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

It's just today that i was able to get back to this thread. Thanks everyone for your help, especially to Gerald Vilimovsky. Your answer is exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Phillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the cost element category for "travel expenses" cost element. Is it "01" or "11" in KA03. if it is "11" (revenue), then it will update actual revenue with negative sign.if you want it to update cost, change the category to "1" ( category can not be changed if psotings already happened).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Mahendra but yes I have already checked that :). The Cost Element Category of the Cost element for the Travel Expense is "1" but it is still including it under Revenues. That's why I wanna see where CN41 is being configured in SPRO because I wanna see what the system is looking at to determine which one falls under costs and which one for revenues. Actually there were other types of cost postings that I did not mention. But the funny thing is for all the cost postings, it's just the Labor Costs that CN41 includes under Actual Costs Column. The rest it places under Actual Revenues as deductions.

Additional Information:

Postings Included under Actual Costs column

Labor Cost - Cost Elem Cat = 43 (Internal Activity Allocation)

Postings Included under Actual Revenues column

Travel Expense - Cost Elem Cat = 1 (Primary Cost)

...and other cost postings I did not mention for brevity's sake - Cost Elem Cat = 1 (Primary Cost)

Revenues - Cost Elem Cat = 11 (revenues)

Regards,

Phillip