cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation error on webi - bw source

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert,

I have 2 block of result at webi, 1st block is group by year, vendor. 2nd block is group by year only.

In fact, 2nd block should sum out all value by year, but its seems to be return 1st row of record only.

both block are using same webi query and connect to OLAP universe, please help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert,

i change my measure property to 'Sum' instead of database delegated. i belive this is defautl setting when i create olap universe.

after i change, it return my expected result.

question is , when should i change to database delegated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The database delegated option is used when you want to use the same results retrieved bt the query or you do not want to apply any

default calculation to the measure at the report level. Eg. in case of % key figures you can use this option.

When you use the database delegated option, you cannot do the ad-hoc analysis because everytime you change the object in the block

the query needs to be refreshed again. Similar is the case when these measures are used with report level variables.

You can change the option in the universe designer to not set the default projection of "database delegated" for measures.

For more details you can read "smart measure" available in the online help

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the OLAP universes, did you set the measures to "Database delegated"?

Didier