cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get the data from BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA to XML file through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am using BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA bapi from R3 as sender and XML as a receiver in XI.

Please help me with this scenario. how can i proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to write an ABAP report with calls the BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA locally first.

Then it calls the BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA again, but this time remote.

You have to be an experienced ABAP programmer to perform this task.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to just extract the employee data from an SAP system using an ABAP program and send it to a file system via XI, here is the approach you should be following.

1) Create an ABAP report program to get the employee details based on a selection screen.

2) IN the ABAP program call the BAPI in Update task-Remote mode (Asynchronous) .

3) Import the BAPI structure into your IR.

4) Create a data type, message type and message interface for your target file structure.

5) Create a mapping between the BAPi structure and the file structure in the message mapping.

6) create a interface mapping.

7) Create a RFC sender adapter and a File receiver adapter in ID.

😎 Create your sender agreement, receiver determination , interface determination and receiver agreement in ID and activate.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you creating a synchronous call to ECC to call this bapi and return the data?

if so, it should be very straight forward to do without needing to write ABAP.

import the bapi into the ESR and then set up your scenario to call the bapi and return the data.

the bapi will have several structures. request, response and error.

you then map the response to the file outbound. simple.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes you can, Search in SDN for "File to RFC without BPM" you will get lot of solutions

-Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need RFC(BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA) to File Balaji.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is your actual requirement. if you go se37 and give ur BAPI name there.Then Execute it. it will ask many parameter like first name , last name, etc. right?

I belive your scenario is synchronous one. So first the RFC need some input from the sender, based upon input the RFC seach the tables and give back the response with full information about the employee.. say you giving input first_name as "michael" it will give you record which has last name as michael.

So the scenario will look like

sender file system (Req parameter) --- > RFC (get the input and extract the data based on the input) ---> sender file system(response)

please check the following link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without+BPM%29

file to rfc with BPM.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

-Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 5, 2010 11:17 AM