Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Name Display

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering how much helpful it will be to display Company Name along with the below info on the Forum Posting Page -

Amit Khare

<Company Name>

Forum Points: 8,504

Any suggestions?

P.S. - If this conversation already took place in the forum, then please let me know as I was unable to find it.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will the members reveal their original company name? There are many members who are not prepared to even reveal their original names.

We should consider about the members who are not employed/associated with any company, and also those members who are strictly not allowed to spend time in SCN during the work hours. In this case, though the members participate, they don't prefer to reveal their company name.

I feel, displaying the company name may be appropriate for the members who use S-ID as the login id.

Regarding the exisitng details like 'Posts, Registered and Forum Points'...I am not clear about the purpose of displaying those details. If it to show the seniority or activity level of the members, then any one of the three are sufficient. I personally strongly feel that, there is no correlation between these figures and the knowledge levels. Good figures on the left side of the message need not always match with the quality of the post.

Regards,

Ravi

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In real life, you are responsible for what you say in public and you represent your company all the time, all day long, everywhere you go. Maybe such possible "impact" on the company´s reputation would make people to watch their mouth:)) Regards Otto

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although I would have liked this addition, as the Moderators can easily identify gaming of 'poi-nts', but I really agree with Olivier's comment that it would affect Company's reputation on the face because of some silly OPs and / or silly Answers too.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That sounds to me like a good reason to do it!

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is one very important reason to do it. This might let the OP's to re-consider their responsibilities towards the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the company name were to be always displayed with the user name it would not be good for the reputation of quite a lot of companies...

But it would make easier to NOT select some consulting companies !

Regards,

Olivier

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's in a name? (Namen sind Schall und Rauch)

and can be mainpulated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i wonder what good can that change do. Is there any specific reason you would like to add the company name or is it just for the sake of reputation? Since the company name field is already available in the Bussiness card am not sure if this will be entertained unless there is a strong reason for the suggestion

Vikranth

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Save on clicks. Save on energy.

2. Easy to identify if posted from same company.