cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization check for ME54N v/s Authorization check for ME54

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created th PR and release it, with reference to PR we have created the PO. When we try to revoke the PR releas using the t-code ME54 systems gives me a error message, that PO is already created for this PR.

however, if i try to revoke this pr using ME54N system allows me to revoke it.

My requirement is that the user should not revoke the Pr once the PO is created against this using t-code ME54N. is there any authorization check or object to control the t-code ME54N.

Regards

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

As ME54N is enjoy transaction for ME54 so it should work like that. I tend not to use ME54. However as ME54N is allowing PR to get revoked even if PO created from them - so this might not be a SAP Security issue.

Cause if you restrict ME54N to release the PR the you won't be able to release any PR at all.

I will suggest you to have a discuss with Functional guys and gather some data if ME54N has bug or not. It seems more of a Functional issue rather that Security issue.

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you not remove access to ME54N if they are supposed to use ME54?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Why do you not remove access to ME54N if they are supposed to use ME54?

I apologise, Alex - but I do not think that is a good advise. ME54 N is there for a reason. It will one day substitute ME54 and anyway, changes bugfixes etc may no longer be developed for the 'old' transaction.

Futhermore: compensating lacking functionality or a bug with withdrawing authorisations to the new functionality is -if any- a temporary option only. The OP's phenomenon has to be solved sooner or later.

So my advise would be:

First check in SMP whether one of the several notes on ME54N and 'release' applies to your system/version/process.

Consider opening a call with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mylene, I think maybe my response was probably not phrased well.

While I don't agree with your thoughts about the use of the N transactions, what often causes problems is the use of both by users - as we can see here. ME54N does not provide the functionality required and it is a perfectly legitimate reason to not use that transaction until the functionality is provided. I lose track of the amount of time the "enjoy" transactions have been around and still are not used in preference for the older transactions as they do not provide what is required.