cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of XI3.0 with ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

We are planning to upgrade our systems from ECC5.0 to ECC6.0 and also from XI3.0 to PI7.1(EHP 1). Its definite that both the upgradation will not occur simultaneously, either one will get upgraded first and the remaining later. So I would like to get from you any concrete SAP document which talks about,

1. The compatibility, issues in integration of XI3.0 with ECC 6.0,

2. The compatibility, issues in integration of PI7.1 with ECC5.0, with the former one urgently

Your inputs/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Sugata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There will be no issues at all as any XI/PI version runs with any ECC version without issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no constraint in terms of version problem.

Just upgrade your XI 3.0 to XI 7.1(EHP 1) that needs some maintenance in service interfaces already developed in 3.0

It will run fine with ECC 5.0.

Then upgrade your ECC to 6.0

Some hardware up gradation and OS up gradation is also needed I guess.

PI 7.1.1 runs on 64 bit OS and ECC 6.0 consumes a lot of memory (RAM probably 4 GB) to work with Netweaver PI 7.1 and a huge more Hard drive space than ECC 5.0.

Cheers,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Can you please clarify the following doubts that I drew from your response,

1. What will be the impact on my existing XI 3.0 scenarios if I upgrade the ECC 6.0 system in integration with XI 3.0 (without XI upgradation)?

2. What I need to do in case we upgrade only ECC, but not XI? What should be the pre-installation configuration that I must make?

3. What if the situation reverses, that we upgrade XI 3.0 to PI 7.1 without any upgradation in ECC (presently we have ECC 5.0 in our landscape)?

It will be very much helpful if you could provide me some concrete SAP documents on this. Reference of blogs/discussions on such areas can be helpful to me.

Regards,

Sugata Basu