cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

j2ee engine tools not working after installing srm 5.0 with netweaver 2004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to basis feild with just a months experience. I have successfully installaed SRM 5.O with ecc 6.o both ABAP & JAVA. I am not able to login to Visual admin & SAP J2EE engine tools window ( UME, system info, Netweaver administator etc.). I dont know where I have gone wrong, Please advise, I have to deliver this system to U.S. CLIENT WITHIN THREE DAYS, thanks,

M. Nizam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nizam,

The info you have provided is not sufficient.

Please elaborate and tell us what it is that you are trying and how and what are the errors that you are getting. How are you trying to login to visual admin?

Thanks,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shitij,

Thanks for responding, See, First we installed SRM 5.0 with netweaver 2004 both ABAP & JAVA. Now, I am not able to login with user j2ee_admin in the sap j2ee engine tools like sysinfo, ume , nwa. I am not able to login into visual admin with the same user is j2ee_admin. The confic tool is running fine, so the VM settings are running fine. alos, I logged onto client 001 with j2ee_admin, the same user id and changed the password, still I am not being able to login. THE MESSAGE " user authentication failed " is displayed when I tried logging in the visual admin. I guess because of this problem I am not able to login to other SAP j2ee tools also like I mentioned above. If you need more details i will comply with all the info I have. please advise as to How I have to remove the user authentication error, so I amy log on to the sap j2ee tools for further configutation,

Thanks,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

As I understood from your message, the mistake you made was to reset the password of j2ee_admin user in the abap stack. This user's password is also stored in the j2ee engine and once you change it from abap, you must update it in configtool as well.

This is how you do it:

1. Start configtool. On the main screen, there will be an icon "Switch to configuration editor mode" Click on it.

2. Next, switch to Edit mode.

3. In the tree heirarchy, expand to the node: cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services.

4. Select the Propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

5. A new window opens which lists all the properties that you can edit. Here, search for the property "ume.r3.connection.master.passwd" set it to the new password of j2ee_admin.

6. Exit from this window. Save the config and then exit from configtool.

7. Restart the system.

Now, your user should be able to login to the various areas that it was failing earlier.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

After doing the steps you recommended me, I tried logging onto Visual admin, the message displayed is - "Authentication did not succeed". what do I need to do go make the user authenticated. Is it somethig to do with SDM? Because sdm is working properly ( green couloured symbol). please advise, Thanks,

M. Nizam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Before working on SRM for configuration , you should first create new client the change the datasource from 001 to new client using the configtool.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil,

I have installed the whole system along with SRM 5.0 with ABAP & JAVA with SR2. I didnot add SRM as a package to an existing system. I guess we have to look it as a whole new system installed with SRM for client requirement, hope you understood my message, Thanks,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Assuming that you are still able to log into nwa, please apply this note:

957355 - Cannot log on to the Visual Administrator or deploy with sdm

You will need to check the configurations of the UME User Store based

on screenshots attached to the note.

If there are any differences, just follow the procedure in the note

to resolve them.

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Shimon Zafrir

SAP Active Global Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

Thanks for your kindly help. My senior basis team leader solved this problem by creating the user's password in the database, where previously it wasn't there, as It was only in the OS,

Kind regards,

M. Nizam