Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

values not displayed after reopening adobe pdf file in reader/writer

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have developed an offline adobe form form1.pdf.

and sent the pdf file to an end-use who will fill, save and send the pdf file to someone else.

On the end-user machine, following is the behaviour:

His machine has Adobe Reader installed.

When he opens the form1.pdf file in the reader, it opens.

In a textbox that is present in the adobe form, He is able to fill a text value e.g. "ABCD123XYZ".

He has 'save' button disabled in the reader, but 'save as' enabled.

Using 'Save as' button, he can save the file on his machine as form1filled.pdf

But when he opens the form1filled.pdf on his machine, the value ABCD123XYZ is not visible corresponding to the textbox he has entered.

But i opened the form1filled.pdf file in a notepad/editplus, and searched for the value "ABCD123XYZ", it is visible.

the file contents in notepad are something like:

1 11.325 Td
(ABCD123XYZ) Tj
ET

Initially i thought this could be because acrobat reader may not have this functionality. So i installed Acrobat writer on someother machine.

and tested. In Writer too, after saving the file, and after reopening the file, it is not displaying the filled value.

Why is the adobe reader/writer not recognizing/picking the value "ABCD123XYZ" and showing in the textbox.

Is there any configuration time activity we are missing while creating the adobe form.

any inputs appreciated.

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you generate your form with a ABAP printing program in one of the structures used for printing setup you can find attributes DYNAMIC and FILLABLE. the FILLABLE 'X' makes the form interactive. Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

is your form Interactive (SAP point) or Reader enabled (Acrobat point)? If not, this behavior is expected and not a mistake.

Regards Otto

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

>_Otto Gold wrote:_

>>is your form Interactive (SAP point) or Reader enabled (Acrobat point)? If not, this behavior is expected and not a mistake.

How can we check in ADS if Interactive (SAP point) or Reader is enabled in my form or not.

Is this readerCredentials needs to be enabled for each form separately,

I browsed all the menus, options, preferences etc, but couldnot find the options of enbling Interactive (SAP point) or Reader straight away.

or is it something i need to check with Basis guy to enable in the software itself.