cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete J2ee Instance?

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I see an additional J2EE instance in the comfit that i want to delete. I can't delete it there or in the NW. Where is it deleted. I have 7.1 so I can only use the NW, not the visual Administrator.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

See this oss note -1259982 it tell you how to delete the instances.

Thanks,

George Rayi

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. But the problem I have is that there is an additional J2EE instance appearing in the configtool which doesn't exist on the local system. I basically just need to get rid of it as it is referencing an existing system on another host.

I tried this note "871523 SAP Note 871523 - Removing dialog instance from database

after uninstallation", which describes this case "After uninstallation of a dialog instance, it is still visible in the Config tool tree", but it doesn't appear to have been written for J2EE 7.1. None of the selections are the same as what I see in the configtool.

I'd just like a procedure for 7.1. Any help is appreciated.

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Run sapinst and then go to Software lifecycle management, there you will find the option to uninstall the instance, it will ask you for he instance SID as well as Instance number too, then it will remove all the registry entries as well as files.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I don't want to uninstall the whole instance as this was a homogeneous system copy. I've completed all of the steps for a copy (this is a PI 7.1 copy). The steps were very involved and I would hate to start over again.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any addtional dialog instance in your landscape ??

Thanks

Anil

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi George

This is not a PI technical issue, hence this is not the ideal forum for your query. I will move this thread to the Netweaver Administrator forum and you should have more success with your query.

Regards

Mark Smyth

XI/PI Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George.

You can do it with Configtool in 7.1

Can't you ??

Cheers...,

Raghu

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

That's what I thought too. I don't see anywhere in the configtool where I can do this. I should be able to select the instance and delete it, but I don't have that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

let your basis team help you.