cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Web Start is it must?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to define Business Service in PI.

While I am in PI - Tools page. I can see Integration Repository link.

If I click on the link I get pop up with repository.jnlp

I also get message saying " you need to install Java Web Start 1.4.2"

Just wanted to know,

Can I define Business System with out going to Integration Repository/ Directory?

OR.

Should I install Java Web Start 1.4.2 and then go to Integration Repository.

I am new to PI.

I am trying to configure PI content delivered by SAP, although I am not building any custom interfaces.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is a must. Your standard content related scenario still needs some configuration which can't be done without entering IR/ID. So go for it.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your concern is legitimate.

Basically to work with SLD you will not face any problem while creating the Business system but your main intention is to use it in configuration and that is in ID which is a client application and that needs Java Webstart to run on your local machine. Definitely you can create the Business system in SLD but to work with that one you need JavaWebstart

Java Web Start:

Using Java Web Start technology, standalone Java software applications can be deployed with a single click over the network. Java Web Start ensures the most current version of the application will be deployed, as well as the correct version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

cheers,

Abhishek.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In PI components which are running on abap stack IE and BPE but most of the other component like SLD, ESR and ID are running on Java stack. So Java webstart should be installed to run these components.

-Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 5, 2010 7:32 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you define Bussiness System SLD , later you have to access ID to use busisness System.

To run PI JAVA Stack you required JDK to be instlaled in you machine,then only you can access PI System JAVA Stack components like IR,ID .

Regards,

Raj

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business System is defined in SLD. For Business Service, you need to login to Integration Directory. So you should go ahead with the installation of Java Web Start.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra