cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

liveCache maxDB index definitions for /SAPAPO/ORDKEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Due to performance related issues in our liveCache system, I found that we have 0 indexes defined on /sapapo/ordkey in our liveCache maxdb database. I've seen notes to create additional secondary indexes, but I'm curious: what is the primary index definition supposed to be? We're on 7.7.04.36, SCM 5.1 (SCM 2007)

Thanks for your help!

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Margaret,

Did you recently upgrade to SCM 5.1? SAP note 957031 maybe of interest to you.

Anyway, this is how you look for a primary key (primary index) and secondary key (secondary index) via LC10 -

LC10 -> Problem Analysis -> Logs -> Tables/views/Synonyms

Database Object Schema SAP<sid>

Name of Database Object /SAPAPO/ORDKEY

- under the <Definition> tab, look for 'Type' column = KEY. Columns with Type KEYS make up the primary key.

- under the <Index> tab, secondary indexes are listed, if any.

SAP note 928037: FAQ: SAP MaxDB indexes

Above note is really good ... It's an FAQ note on indexes which also defines some terminology diff.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junco,

Thx for your information. I'm a little bit confused about the LC-related indices. Why can't we find the indices(i.e. secondary indices via calling BAPI) in SE11? I mean, after implementing the BAPI given from NOTE 749824-secondary index on table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY, there's no index can be seen from SE11 but LC10 -> Problem Analysis -> Logs -> Tables/views/Synonyms.

Is such index which is related to table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY created in the memory but not MaxDB?

Or could you please explain this phenomenon?

BRs,

Deacon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Junco! That was the information I needed.

Kind Regards,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Junco! That was the information I needed.

Kind Regards,

Margaret