cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Support Package for one Software Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new with SAP Basis Administrator and I have new task to upgrade EA-HR software component from release 600 sp30 to release 602 sp9.

Actually, EA-HR component in Development system already in release 602 sp9 while quality and production in release 600 sp30. This is where the problem started, since there is one SAP Note we need to apply that depends on the release version. The consultant wants to do the changes in development and transport it to quality then production. Since the way to apply SAP Note is vary based on EA-HR release version, the consultant wants the release version of EA-HR in all systems to be the same.

I have download support package for EA-HR 602 sp9.

My question is very basis, how to upgrade EA-HR component to release 602 sp9?

Regards

Rian Wisandanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Can you let us know what is the note number for which you are trying to update this package to 602 ??

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

The SAP Note we wants to apply is SAP NOTE 1066288.

Regards

Rian Wisandanu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EA-HR component in Development system already in release 602 sp9 while quality and production in release 600 sp30

This is a no go... This is why most people call for a development freeze while the system is been patched.

the consultant wants to do the changes in development and transport it to quality then production. Since the way to apply SAP Note is vary based on EA-HR release version, the consultant wants the release version of EA-HR in all systems to be the same

You system is not consistent, transporting data into a system with a different patch set can cause serious problems. You are going to have to tell your consultant that he'll have to wait until the whole landscape is patched to the same level.

Who upgraded the component in DEV??

The note also states that this corrections are available for 600 so there was no need for 602 if you are not planning a EHP upgrade..

EA-HRRXX 600 SAPK-60050INEAHRXX

Maybe you can give us some more info about what are you planning to do with your system patch wise?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use SAINT for the upgrade.

SAP recommends to implement the SAP ERP Enhancement Package when doing a regular SP stack implementation. The installation of the enhancement Package 2 and the application of the Support Package stack should be done combined in one queue in the Add-On Installation Tool (transaction SAINT). This reduces the downtime and the manual effort for the entire installation procedure.

Read the following note:

[SAP Note 1052522. - Enhancement Package 2 for SAP ERP 6.0: required Support Pack|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0001129137&nlang=E]

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

Thx for your reply. I think i cannot use your method, since I only wants to upgrade one component (EA-HR) not all software components.

After browsing the other threads, I can conclude as following:

1. Download all patches for EA-HR from 600 sp 31 till 602 sp 09.

2. Put it under trans folder

3. extract it with SAPCAR command

4. Run SPAM from 000 client

5. Load patches

6. Define queue

7. ...

Rian W

Former Member
0 Kudos
1. Download all patches for EA-HR from 600 sp 31 till 602 sp 09.
2. Put it under trans folder
3. extract it with SAPCAR command
4. Run SPAM from 000 client
5. Load patches
6. Define queue
7. ...

Rian W

This will not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

May I know what is the best methode to update only EA-HR?

Because the only different among the system in our landscape is only EA-HR component. So i just want to update that component so all software components in the landscape willl macth each other.

Regards

Rian W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The method which you said is also true incase of applying support patches from SPAM which you have to do in your case. But before that you need to upgrade the componeny EA-HR from 600 to 602 first which you have to do it from SAINT. SO , in y ou case it would be like this

1) First check that what is the latest available patch for EA-HR 600 and apply till that. Also, simultaneoulsy check if you can directly update the release from 600 to 602 without updating the 600 patches to latest available.

2) Next download the EA-HR 602 add-on and add it to queue and install it from SAINT in 000 client

3) Next download the support pacthes of EA-HR 602 to what level it is available in development and add it to the queue and install from SPAM in 000 client.

Before doing this take the backup of the systems and then do it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on May 5, 2010 12:04 PM

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check [SAP Note 1045303 - Installation of Enhancement Package 2 on SAP ERP 6.0|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1045303] which contains the instructions on how to perform installation.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna Gundamaraju, can you post information about your BASIS , ABA and APPL release levels on your

Development system.

P.S. as mr. Tom Cenens provides the notes try to check all prerequisites.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Here is the release level information. FYI, this level is the same in all systems.

SAP_ABA 700 14 SAPKA70014

SAP_AP 700 12 SAPKNA7012

SAP_APPL 600 12 SAPKH60012

SAP_BASIS 700 14 SAPKB70014

I am checking the prerequisite now.

Regards

Rian Wisandanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rian,

The only method for ENHP 2 and 3 is through SAINT. Since you are going from 600 to 602 you need to use SAINT. If it would have been a simple patch lets say from EH-HR 600 SP 9 to EA-HR 600 SP 10 you need to use SPAM.

Also go through the SAP Note 1045303 mentioned by Tom.

Thanks,

Naveed