cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early watch for ERP-6.0 and EHP3 systems now blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied sps 23 to SOLMAN last friday now all the systems i have set up as erp 600 and ehp3 systems the earlywatch report ae blank

I have 1 system set up as ECC6 and the early watch woked for that system

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Have you checked transaction DSA on your Solman system to see if it consists of data for the EWA session in question? If not, I would do that first. I would also do a service definition refresh on your systems and then manually execute the EWA report to see if consists of data after.

There are 3 Steps in Refreshing the Service Definitions. Here they are:

1. Delete the Service Definition

2. Refresh the Service Definition

3. Regenerate the Service Definition

Note 727998 will outline all the steps required to have this happen.

Please do this completely on your Solman system and once done to the same on your satellite system. After this is complete, please geenrate the EWA manually to ensure that the issue is resolved.

Also, please make sure that the RFC connections are still working after the upgrade has been completed. At times I see this being the case after an upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

How do you generate the EWA report manually?

We have deleted the Service definitions in Solman. We downloaded the new defintions and then regenerated the defintions.

I have done this in the satellite system too.

I would like to resend the previously sent sessions that have the Grey status and can not read the Session data...

Then rerun the EWA reports for these sessions.

thanks for your assistance

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Deidre,

Generating an EWA manually and resetting a service session to re-send the session data is another process.

Reviewing the thread you have said the EWA reports are blank, but we still have not ascertained if the EWA has been Grey Rated (a grey diamond icon to the left side) or if it is NOT Rated ( A document icon to the left side)

There are notes for both these issues - For Grey Rated EWA reports you should be following SAP Note 762696 to resolve,and if it is Not Rated you should be using SAP Note 1496931 to resolve.

If you want to re-generate an older EWA session, you can reset the session in DSA and schedule a refresh session task on the managed system, which shoudl schedule an EWA task in SDCCN on the Managed system that should repopulate the Session. If it is for the current (last weeks service session) you schedule it through Operations, Create, and create a new service session, select the systems, scheduile it for Now, tehn on the satellite run a refresh session task, select it, goto EDIT> Run Now. Then it will be available to process by runnign SM:EXEC SERVICES on the Solution Manager system.

However if you have not addressed the "Grey Rating" or "Not Rated" statuses witht he appropriate corrective action, you will only end up generating the same incomplete report. So make sure you have addressed the rating first before trying to re-generate it.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Same problem here: I can't get the EWA-reports as WORD. If I try to do so (i.e. clicking on the word-symbol) I get "UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

CX_DSVAS_API_SERVICE_SESSION

"

However all EWA sessions are running an "green". Think they have broken something in SP23...

Rgs. Jürgen

PS: sorry for the edit, but I get so many errors, that I'm confusing myself...

Edited by: Jürgen Gärtner on Nov 2, 2010 12:00 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

When you say the reports are blank, do you mean they have been created but there is no information?

Is the report Grey rated? Is there download daya in the service session when you run TCode DSA?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trans DSA shows all 6 systems had error in session

How do I kick off another EWA report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Trans DSA shows all 6 systems had error in session

>

> How do I kick off another EWA report?

Hello Ken,

What are the errors seen in DSA ? Can you list them here ?

You can create a Adhoc EWA session from DSWP --> Within the Solution that you created and have added these systems.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i click on one of the ERP 6 systems I get:

Opening the session component EA0100000010414 failed

Message no. DSVAS214

I did try a session components reset and after about 2 min i get a short Dump:

UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

CX_DSVAS_API_SERVICE_SESSION

An exception occurred which is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_DSVAS_API_SERVICE_SESSION', was

not caught and therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:

&EA0100000010406&: Attribute not found: &SMSYSYSTEM|H10& &GENERAL&

&DEPTH_HWCAPACI&

The system is an ABAP ECC6 server E90 with a java stack H90 (ESS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still waiting for the remote susystem to refreash service definittions

solman side went great for delete and refreash service definittions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

I guess the issue will take some more analysis and probably a connection to check the dump.

I would recommend opening a SAP Message in the component SV-SMG-SER

Regards

Amit