cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all gurus,

It is needed to make remot client copy from PRD(301) to QA(201).

Please suggest me what are the cares i shoud take.

what are prerequisite to be taken.

I am going to do for first time please suggest me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks gurus for your valuable suggestions.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the link hope this help you http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/69/c24c684ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Along with above,should also define parallel processes which is very important when doing a remote client copy.

@Ramesh : It is suggested by SAP that you use Remote client copy instead of Client Export/Import when the systems are in the same LAN. Client Export/Import is only suggested for system which are distant and on a WAN.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

I agree with your sentense regarding SAP suggestions. But SAP did not informed like do Client Export / import only in WLAN and not in LAN.

The drawback of remote client copy is both clients will be locked during copy and also it will take more time on heavy network traffic LAN.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Edited by: ramesh_basis on May 5, 2010 11:27 AM

Edited by: ramesh_basis on May 5, 2010 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The important thing apart from rfc, you have to take care about following points

1. SAP Patch level between two systems MUST be same.

2. Lock all users (except the rfc user / sap*) in both clients before you start.

3. Best practice recommends do the test run to confirm successful copy. It will take double time but it will guarantee you about successful copy.

My personal doubt, why don't you are going to do use client export/import instead of remote client copy??

Regards,

Ramesh.