cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlines for item-based approval WS14500015

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum members,

I have read that you cannot use a z-version of the WF template WS14500015 as the task ID is used a lot in standard code.

Can you tell me the way to setup deadline monitoring to send reminders or escalate the workflow to different people with this in mind? What methods have worked for you?

Many thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We too are using WS14500015 for item based approval. We implemented the BADI - BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI, method GET_REMAING_APPROVERS. This BADI determines the approval criteria, their characteristics, and the respective approvers. It is required to enable the standard N-step Item based shopping cart approval workflow (WS14500015) to function. The BADI contains a logic to route the approvals to the correct approvers based upon a predefined set of criteria, quantity, costs etc.

But we wish to ensure that when 2 days have elapsed since the approval e-mail was sent to the Approver (and no approval has taken place) a reminder mail is sent to the approver reminding them to approve the shopping cart.

The latest end tab within a task for deadline should enable this to be actioned but choosing the correct task doesn't appear to be obvious nor how a mail can be triggered, can anyone assist?

Tim

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where did you find that information?

>I have read that you cannot use a z-version of the WF template WS14500015

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In OSS note 731637 it says:

"The workflow for item-based approval cannot be used as a copy. The

flexibility is obtained by the BAdI implementation. We do not

recommend a modification in the Workflow Builder (even if it is

only a 1:1 copy). If you require user-defined enhancements in a

limited scope (for example, in the form of "Exits"), we recommend

that you attach them to the original workflow in the form of

subworkflows. If you change the actual process in any way, even in

a subworkflow, you risk that the entire process can no longer be

ensured."

Also, I have seen in other forum threads and from debugging workflow function modules that the WF template WS14500015 is hardcoded so the logic won't work with a z version.

Can you shed light on my issue?

Thanks,

Nick

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your actual business requirement? If it is modeled deadline you need to modify the standard template. If it is only alert notification there are several options.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We want to setup escalation to different approvers OR send reminders - its undecided. I am just trying to find out steps involved for either and effort (no. of days)

For escalation, will SAP support the workflow if we amend the template? I was assuming we should not try and anend based on what was mentioned in the OSS note

Thanks,

Nick