cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Sub-Item Category Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our scenario is we have a sales BOM with parent material item category ZTAH, and child material item type ZTAC in the sales order. When a delivery is created for this BOM, the delivery item category for the parent item is ZTAH, but the child item changes to TAN. I have maintained table T184 so that if higher level material is ZTAH, then the default should be ZTAC. Also, copy control VTLA is set up so that LIPS-PSTYV = CVBAP-PSTYV, so the item category should copy directly from the order to the delivery line.

In my testing, I have found that item category determination in T184 will change this child item only if I maintain ZTAC as the default for all NORM items. But it will not use the higher-level item ZTAH to trigger ZTAC.

I have reviewed [this thread|] and see that a userexit is possible, but shouldn't standard configuration determine the child item category in the delivery, like it does in the sales order?

Thanks for any help,

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check whether your system have this configuration in the Item category determination at sales order item level.

Let us assume your item category group is LUMF. Then the item category determination should be......

OR+LUMF = ZTAH

ORLUMFZTAH = ZTAC

Also check in VTLA, whether ZTAC is present in the item level.

Regards,

Rajesh L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello J

Sorry I am not able to be of much help, but here are some thoughts:

If you are using APO and rule based availability check, check your item cat det settings for APO related usages. Somehow I am thinking this issue has something to do with Usage or Item Cat Group. What are your item cat groups for parent and child in the material master? Or is there a user exit in play unknown to you?

Also I did not get what you meant by " In my testing, I have found that item category determination in T184 will change this child item only if I maintain ZTAC as the default for all NORM items. But it will not use the higher-level item ZTAH to trigger ZTAC." Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello J

I am just wondering why are you delivering both parent as well as child material? Should it not be either just the parent or all the children below? Also assuming you have copied ZTAC from TAC and so ZTAC is equivalent to TAC, isn't TAC used for Parents and TAM (or equivalent) for components below? What is item cat ZTAH modeled after?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to business and reporting requrements, the parent material is present on the delivery. We also use a Manhattan solution for our warehouse and delivery functions, so the freight charge is recieved via IDoc and applied to the header item in the delivery, which then passes along to the invoice.

ZTAC was modelled after TAN, but configured so that it was not relevant for pricing. ZTAH was copied from TAP, but made relevant for pricing. This way the warehousing solution would only deliver the child items, and invoicing would only charge the customer for the parent.