cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Influence message status in SXI_Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I have an integration process in with there are a few places in which the process throws an exception using a "Control" step,

and it stops all the queue of the massages, when I added a handler for the exception in the integration process the message

status is shown as "Processed Successfully".

Is there a way to change the status of the Message without stopping the queue?

Thanks allot,

Max.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you doing after using the Control step....i mean any support action that you perform....if there is no such action that you perform, then just maintain an Exception Branch without any Control Step (Throw Exception)....either you throw an Exception and then Handle it properly or you dont Throw an Exception.....no much options available.

But in case there is no handler the queue of the messages is stopped and must be released.

My question is if there is a way to throw exception without stopping the queue?

Regards Max.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My question is if there is a way to throw exception without stopping the queue?

Only Throwing an Exception is not sufficient and the Exception Thrown should be Handled properly....if not handled then you get a blocked queue with a BPM in error.....only Throwing an Exception is of no use and also not a proper design approach.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Throwing an Exception is not sufficient and the Exception Thrown should be Handled properly....if not handled then you get a blocked queue with a BPM in error.....only Throwing an Exception is of no use and also not a proper design approach.

I totally agree with you.

But is there another way to change the status of the process in main window of sxi_monitor from "executed successfully "

to some other status without throwing an exception?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you doing after using the Control step....i mean any support action that you perform....if there is no such action that you perform, then just maintain an Exception Branch without any Control Step (Throw Exception)....either you throw an Exception and then Handle it properly or you dont Throw an Exception.....no much options available.

Regards,

Abhishek.