cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical System not updated to satellite SLD via SLD Data Supplier Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kolleagues,

we have a landscape with 4 SLD's (Development, Pre-Integration, Integration and Production).

The Master SLD is configured on the PI System at Production.

The Data Supplier Bridge on PI Production synchronized SLD content, like technical systems, to the connected non production SLD's. This is the theory.

In fact the technical system replication to the SLD in Development, Pre-Integration and Integration doesn't work.

What is the problem? How can I fix that?

Many thanks in advance!

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Please refer to below documents for configuring and testing SLD in SLD Data Supplier in the visual administration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f5...

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Hello Jochem,

First check if you SLD is correctly configured and has all the associations necessary. For this, follow note 764176.

Also, check if you are using the FQHN, so it'll point to the correct server.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen

Firstly only content that has been supplied via data supplier connections can be synch'ed therefore if landscape data is missing it could be it was manually created or updated in the master SLD

You also need to ensure all SLDs are setup for automatic forwarding of LD data - in particular all SLDs that are in the sync should be running the same Netweaver version and SP level, CIM model and content - if you find some landscape data is missing

it is always adviseable to update the SLD CIM/CR content (on the master first) then re-check - then update satellite SLDs

and re-check the sync - could be some source product definitions are not recognised by the slave SLD (or even the master) - hence the missing landscape data

In terms of setup also important to ensure that the master SLD is setup to forward to satellite SLD i.e forwarding is activated and indeed the target SLD hostname and port is defined (try also FQDN) and also check firewall policies for incoming/outgoing HTTP, also it may only be able to forward to one other SLD - so you may have to work out topology to forward to more than one SLD - as per your landscape, personally I would ensure the master (and PRD) only updates the slaves not the other way around (that way master or PRD always consistent with latest data from data suppliers)- but it depends on your topology requirements

I highly recommend the SLD planning guide for more details

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a1a8fb-0527-2a10-f781-8b67eab16...

If for some reason you cannot get SLD bridge forwarding to work or indeed there is a restriction due to versions, SPs or a specific useage requirement - try manually exporting LD only between SLDs

Best wishes

Stuart