cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c.so.26: cannot open shared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 under SUSE_LINUX Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64).

First to all I'm trying to install Server part. So I navigate under the CD installation: /Master_Data_Server/LINUX_X64/MDM/bin/ and then execute ./mds-r.

The following error appears: error while loading shared libraries: libxerces-c.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

libxerces-c.so.26 is located under /Master_Data_Server/LINUX_X64/MDM/lib/

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo

From the sound of things, you are trying to run MDM directly off the installation media. You can't do this - you need to install the software correclty. Look for a "sapinst" executable on the media and run it.

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, Yes! I was very surprised because I didn't found sapinst anywhere. Maybe I didn't download software correctly, so I supposed that MDS-R and MDIS-R should be executed from scratch.

The CD installation contains:

- Business_Content

- Gui_Clients

- JAVA_API

- MDM_CLIX

- MDM_WEB_UI

- Master_Data_Server:After unzip content it contains MDS-R and MDIS-R, Operating Sistem Dependent.

- SRM-MDM_Catalog_UI

- other archives: .ASC, .TXT, .EBC...

Sorry but I don't find sapinst anywhere. Should I download aditional Software... Could you kindly show how to start the installation process??

Thanks,

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure that MDM 5.5 on windows is not installed using SAPinst... new version of MDM 7.1 is installed using SAPinst.

I guess you are installing MDM 5.5 as part of SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0. So, i am not sure it this is applicable to you as you are installing on AIX.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm trying to install SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 (MDM 5.5) under SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (X86_64).

Regards,

Edited by: Guillermo Montes on May 6, 2010 7:03 PM

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

I never did installation of MDM 5.5 over Linux, but you can check MDM 5.5 Installation guide using below link

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119842007E

Also, check Setting Environment Variables for MDM Server on page no 18 of above document.

Hope this help..

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

I have one comment; its not related to your problem but i thought it will be useful..

SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 is based on MDM 5.5, but just for your information MDM 5.5 is out of standard maintainence now. So, i would suggest you to install SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 which is based on MDM 7.1instead of SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment Shiv, Yes I know that MDM 5.5 is out of standard maintainence but anyway our business scenario requires SRM-MDM 2.0.

If anyone finds the same error I mentioned, It has been solved using ldconfig -v in the library directory of choice.

I'd like to ask another issue: Right now We have the following error after executing ./mdis-r or ./mds-r:

Could not open language resource file "LangStrings/ImportManagerCommon.lang". Try setting the MDM_HOME environment variable.

Could you please help me how to do if?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: Guillermo Montes on May 5, 2010 4:21 PM

Edited by: Guillermo Montes on May 5, 2010 4:22 PM

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

open the MDS.INI file and MDIS.INI file in the MDS and MDIS instalaltion directory and check the path for "String Resource Dir" parameter. It should point to <Server installation directory>/LangStrings.

once you set the path correctly you will not get this error, because this LangStrings directory contain ImportManagerCommon.lang file. else, i think you can also set environment variable for Server installation directory.

Regards,

Shiv