Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Designing structure

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are implementing DMS in our organization. Our file storing system is explained below.

1st level - Vendor name (like Nyro / Hydraulics / techno or code : A112 , A113, A114 etc...)

2nd level - Project name (like 1130 / 1131 / 1132 )

3rd level - Dept. (like Civil / electric/ admin)

4th levl - Incoming / Out going docs.

5th level - Type (like Drawings / docs / memos)

We want to give authorization to one group combination of levels like in 1st level - Nyro, 2nd level- A2, 3rd level -3rd level - admin, so on...our requirement is to store documents at various levels along with authorization.

our requirement is not to have individual doc. authorization, which we can do on each document on authorization tab assigning user / user group.

We need to send the work flow item to different set of persons on storage of document on each level on each status. Like if we store doc. for Nyro - 1130 - civil - incoming - Drawings (considering livels of above example) work flow should go to A1 goup other wise with to another group.

We can do this with classification (by creating characteristics / class and attaching to doc. type) but I can't have authorization at individual class or characteristic , i.e. I can control at doc. type only. Since we have three characters for doc. type code we need to make many doc. types considering above scenario.

If we use three characters of doc. type, lab office or authorization group can be used for other levels but we can't send work flow item.

By using Document structure we can make BOM by linking the two or more docs. with qty.

Is there any best way using SAP DMS ? Now we are implementing SAP R/3, not plans to invest in another software.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In workflow this you can maintain in Status. You can design the workflow trigger as per the document status to perticaular group of persons.

The trigger type may be as per your requirement and these users will be maintained in workflow agents.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I do know that we can maintain the work flow for each status & each group can be assigned. But main concern is how to build all levels in the system. At each 5th level u require to send work flow item for each status.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

It's definate that the reuirement not get addressed in standard environment. Better way write a abap programe with workflow with user gropu or levels predefined and irrespective of status the group will be intimated or communicated.

Discuss with abap person who knows workflow very well.

I hope this will be helpful one.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the mentioned scenario we can use 3 levels thru doc. type. I will another thru Lab / office filed (DRAW-LABOR) and another thru authorization group(DRAW-BEGRU).

Can we write a program with this concept for triggering of workflow for each status of doc. type along with both fields mentioned.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Answers (0)