cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE cannot connect to SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a strange problem while deploying an application through my IDE. I am unable to deploy any application to a specific server. It flashes an error:

Deployment exception : Server sap2 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018.

Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server sap2 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

I had refer SAP Note 783965, and made changes as given in notes, but still same problem.

I have also re-install the IDE, but it is of no use. However, when I deploy the same application from different IDE, it successfully deployed.

Can any one, please, explain this weird behaviour of IDE to me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I think there is a problem in the <i>Deployment port</i> you are giving, rather than the problem in IDE. Kindly check the deployment port.

For getting the <b>Message server Port</b>:,

Open the <b>SAP Management Console</b> (ie: J2EE server/ SAP MMC) -> In that there will be 2 instances of the server which will be green -> Go to the second one -> Click on the <b>process list</b> -> Right click on <b>msg_server.exe</b> -> Click <b>Developer Trace</b> -> Check the <b>Internal Port</b> value there. There will be a line in the trace stating <b>"I listen to internal port <required_port> (required_port)"</b>.

This 4 digit number will be your deployment port.

Change the port in the J2EE server on the IDE. And now deploy the application.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Kindly reward points to the people helping you on SDN.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks for ur sugesstions. It worked. Points awarded.