cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving of test data in messge mapping of ESR(Enterprise service Repository)

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sapall.

i just want to know on how we can save the test data in message mapping of ESR(Enterprise Service Repository),i have tried but i couldnt found the button for saving the test data in the message mapping of ESR.

will be waiitng for your response.

regards.

Varma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor

goto test tab, in edit mode, use the Add test instance button, give a name, provide data and then save.

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi .

Thanks for your response.

yes i can save the tesd data in message mapping but when i try to save the same test data in operation mapping with the same steps that you explained in the previous thread i couldnt save, can you just explain me in brief even for Operation mapping.

regards.

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi .

> Thanks for your response.

> yes i can save the tesd data in message mapping but when i try to save the same test data in operation mapping with the same steps that you explained in the previous thread i couldnt save, can you just explain me in brief even for Operation mapping.

> regards.

> Varma

After saving the test data don't forget to save the mapping.

Correction: In operation mapping you cannot save the test data. Even I couldn't find any option to save it.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but when i try to save the same test data in operation mapping with the same steps

can you tell me one difference that you can see between the test message you see in Message Mapping and the one which you see in Operation Mapping.....hence may be even SAP didnt provide a separate save option for OM...the message structure and even the data is the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> yes i can save the tesd data in message mapping but when i try to save the same test data in operation mapping with the same steps that you explained in the previous thread i couldnt save, can you just explain me in brief even for Operation mapping.

I tried to save test data in operation mapping. I didn't find any issue.

Its working fine with the following steps :

1 ) Operation Mapping > Edit Mode > Switch to the Test tab page > Fill in the test data .

2 ) Click on Add Test Instance button ( placed 3rd in first row before save button).

3) A message box opens up with a textbox. Enter the name for test instance. Click ok.

4) To open up the saved instance, click on Open Test Instance button,placed last in first row.

5) To export as a zip file, click on Save Document Source button, placed last in 2nd row.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Except the response you got so far, make sure you got right Java version (JRE) on your development machine, incompatiable version cause button on the GUI gray out. In other word, you have to let us know which version of PI you are working on.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Test instances are very useful when you have a big source structure and saving a test instance reduces lots of rework.

Please refer the link below to get complete information on how to save test instances and also get used to the Icons.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/c3/e3072e65f04445a010847aa970b68b/frameset.htm

You can save the test instances in message mapping , i dont think there is any need to save the test instance in operation mapping.

Just read and try out ..

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You would be able to see it only if your are edit mode in the "Test" tab.

Regards

Monika

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i have tried but i couldnt found the button for saving the test data in the message mapping of ESR.

ESR --> Open your mapping --> Test tab --> Fill in the data --> Click on the Save Document Source....last option in the list above your source message --> select where you want to save in your local machine....it gets stored as zip file (has the XML inside it).

Regards,

Abhishek.