Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 should display only values of single company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have 2 company codes in a SAP server. I am able to restrict access between these two company codes for users.

SCAL company code is 1000 & SCPL company code is 2000. I am successfully restricted access at Company code level so user belongs to 1000 company code can't do anything with 2000 company code.

My requirement is, User who belongs to 1000 company code shouldn't even get single entry of 2000 company code by pressing F4 for all transaction codes.

How to Restrict for the same.

Thanku.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use search help exit to restrict selection. The search help user exit has to be function module with same interface as FM F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE has. IF you have a look at this FM then you can see where you should put your authorization check.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

One way I can think of is by changing the program code to call for a custom list when you look for input help.

The help function of data element BUKRS is linked to the table T001 (see transaction SU20). Any selection field calling this data element directly will invoke the same table for F4 help.

The ABAPer needs to change this entry, create a new data element and customize it as per your requirements. Note that implementing a new data element will also change the authorization requirements of the program !!

Regards,

Sanju

ps: Alex has also made a valid point in the mentioned thread -

Edited by: Sanju Chacko on May 4, 2010 1:14 PM

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use search help exit to restrict selection. The search help user exit has to be function module with same interface as FM F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE has. IF you have a look at this FM then you can see where you should put your authorization check.

Cheers