cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep variable values in an operation mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a synchronous interface and I need to recover information from the request message mapping to be used in the response message mapping both in the same operation mapping (I have a PI 7.1).

Perhaps using OM parameters?

Regards

Gonzalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Perhaps using OM parameters?

This is not possible.

Why do you want to send back information to a system, where the data is already known?

Former Member
0 Kudos
This is not possible.

Why do you want to send back information to a system, where the data is already known?

You are probably right, but I thought that if I set a parameter via UDF in my request mapping I will recover it in the response mapping.

About why would I need this data, I don't need to send it to the first system, I need it to perform some operations in the response mapping. The given web service returns several tables and I have to filter the response and choose one of the tables among the rest and send it as response. The parameter is the name of the given table.

In case I don't find an "easy" way of doing it I probably sent all the info to my system and filter it there, but if I can find a way of avoiding doing so...

Regards

Gonzalo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you ask the end system to send the required request-data back (in the response message) or use a BPM....not many options available.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

never tried this with OM parameters, but you can look into passing the request fields that you want in the response as part of the request to target and have the target pass them back to you in the response. this way you can easily map the fields to the final response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I can't do that. The interface consume a fixed web service from a provider wich I can't modify.

Regards

Gonzalo

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmmm.. in this case then i assume you might have to go for a BPM.

Using the param option i dont think you would be able to achieve this since the mappings are two separate entities (req and resp)