cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background colour of wd application not white?

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a web dynpro application which is called in a IFrame from the main webdynpro app. This Iframe is shown in portal in light blue colour. The result is weird as other app shown in the portal is in white colour background? Is this something to do with my webdynpro app background colour or the Iframe background colour? How to change it to white?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried once to change the background color. As I remember this can be done by using the application parameter WDTHEMEROOT in your WD application. There are some value which impacts on the WD background, I have just One remember as sap_tradeshow_plus. You need to pass this value in Application parameter WDTHEMEROOT.

There is also a SAP note 1332644, if the application parameters are not working.

Also Check the below Thread to change the Background colour on Portal end. May be it's useful for you:

/message/6931530#6931530 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are going to use the application by component usages as per Thomas suggestions, then You are able to set the WD Theme by using the below values in the WDTHEMEROOT application parameter:

sap_chrome

sap_hcb

sap_highcont

sap_standard

sap_tradeshow

sap_tradeshow_plus

See: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> If you are going to use the application by component usages as per Thomas suggestions, then You are able to set the WD Theme by using the below values in the WDTHEMEROOT application parameter:

> See: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Actually you are kind of missing the point. If you run the application not in the iFrame (either directly in its own iView or as a component usage within the main WD Application) then you won't need to set this parameter (and in fact shouldn't set it). This WD Component will inherit the portal theme like all your other Web Dynpro ABAP applications in the portal.

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Thanks for the info. Assuming now the whole problem lies in WDTHEMEROOT, I dont really get it where to find this WDTHEMEROOT and change the default background to white?

I cannot find it in component controller, view controller, window, which specific standard hook methods is that?

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

Thanks for reply. The usage of Iframe is inevitable in my case here so have to live with it. So now, I have to set the wdthemeroot in order to change my webdynpro apps background to white. Kindly tell me where can I find this webdynrpo parameter tab page or where can I find this WDTHEMEROOT? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siong,

Double click on the webdynpro application name in se80 and go to parameters tab and give WDTHEMEROOT as

/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/nw5/themes/sap_chrome(any theme name)

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks for reply. After I create an application for my component and went to the parameter tab page, I inputted the wdthemeroot as the parameter and the sap/...... you gave as the value, it gives me WDTHEMEROOT is neither a predefined parameter nor a parameter of the starter plug? Am I doing it the right way here or I misunderstood you?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>The usage of Iframe is inevitable in my case

Why is it inevitable. In the list of possible integration approaches iFrame is probably the worst. There are so many better approaches.

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Its company's mgmt decision to use Iframe. Look, no matter how bad is Iframe, its going to stay there. The main core now is since Iframe is already there, how to change the webdynrpo app to white in order to suit the portal background. The discussion so far leads to the need to change wdthemeroot in parameter tab page from the application name. So can you teach the technique please? thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So can you teach the technique please?

I suggest you read the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are running in an iFrame, then the application can't sense that it is running in the portal - so it doesn't take on the portal theme. Why run a WDA within an iFrame? This is generally not recommended. This increases the number of user sessions needed. Why not use component usage to embed the components. Or make them separate iViews on a single portal page.