cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending the same data to multiple receivers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 7.1, I did a simple file-to-file scenario with mulitple receivers.I used only 1 Rcvr Det.(included multiple business components) and 1 Interface Det. without BPM and it works.I would like to know if there's any other way to send same data to multiple receivers without BPM and/or the approach used by me.

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just clone your OM with new receiver interfaces and put it into your interface determination.

Result: 1:n

Cheers,

André

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use "Enhanced Receiver Determination" (search for this keyword on SDN). Then you may specify multiple receivers in mapping. Is there any specific requirement you are looking for?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got to know that when we specify multiple business components in a receiver determintion, mapping executes that many times. So I just want to avoid it.

Thanks,

Vishal

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keep the business service the same (unless it is really required to maintain different different services)....then execute the 1:N mapping as per your requirement.....create target structures for the values you need....do it using multi-mapping...

Since you are on SAP PI7.1, this document may help you....the second test case seems similar to your requirement:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If your primary goal is to avoid the mapping being executed multiple times, try this approach.

Split your scenario as follows.

File System1 to File System temp (With mapping)

File System temp to File System targets (Use your receiver determination to specify multiple receivers). Here, you will not have mapping since the structure of the temporary interface and your target interface is the same,.

Regards,

ravi kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies. I did multimapping as suggested by couple of you and it works. Since it is required to send to 7 or more systems and the no. of fields to be mapped is huge, multimapping is time-consuming. So I would like to know if there's any other approach.

@Ravi: can you please explain with more details regarding the approach suggested by you?

Can someone explain why and/or how a mapping executes multiple times if we have multiple receivers getting the same data?

And if there's any way to check(For Ex: Moni) if the mapping executed multiple times?

Thanks in adavnce,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In continuation to my earlier queries:

I mentioned that I've used a single message mapping to send data to multiple receivers with different business components having a common receiver determination.

Can someone explain why a message mapping executes as many times as the number of receiver business components?

And if there's any way to check that?

Thanks,

Vishal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

another way would be to do multimapping;

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible