cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS RFC connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

After creating ADSUSER in the ABAP system and deleting ADSUser on the java side (had two users on java side ADSUSER and ADSUser), I assigned it the role ADSCALLERS.

In the Visual Administrator, at services -> security provider I found two groups: ADSCALLERS and ADSCallers - both has no users assigned to them and no manual modification can be made.

The test of the RFC connection fails (status text=Forbidden) , but when I use my own/administrator user, the "status text" is "Found".

The rpData test works fine and so is FP_PDF_TEST_00.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The test of the RFC connection fails (status text=Forbidden) , but when I use my own/administrator user, the "status text" is "Found".

From what I recall you need to make a change to your "WSNavigatorRole" which by default is set to admin.

In Visual Administrator -> Services -> Security Provider. Choose Policy Configuration -> sap.com/com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tool~wsnavigator

Select the tab "Security Roles" and change the applied role to "All". If everything else is correct the RFC test should work now.

Nelis

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

Thanks for your help.

The problem was solved after changing the server's name from capital to lower case.

Thanks again,

Shiri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis

Thanks for your quick reply.

Both tabs are green in pfcg.

In the Visual Administrator, services -> security provider, there are two groups: ADSCALLERS and ADSCallers - both has no users assigned to them but I can't assign a user manually.

Thanks,

Shiri

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to assign ADSUser to the group ASDCallers. Do a search for the ADSUser, select change and add it to the ADSCallers(select Group on the right hand pane).

Not sure what you mean by "You can't assign a user manually" ?

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

tt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nelis and Naveed for your answers.

Nelis, your solution solved the RFC connection problem.

Now report FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER (with destination service) fails with the message: "Problem accessing data from destination: FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>//sap/bc/fpads/formdata/ADS_....".

Testing this destination in the visual administrator using http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/fp_test_00.xdp ended successfully and testing it using the explorer produces a weird xml-like page.

The ICF services are active (both fp and fpads).

Thanks for any ideas,

Shiri

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now report FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER (with destination service) fails with the message: "Problem accessing data from destination: FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>//sap/bc/fpads/formdata/ADS_....".

My guess is this is a problem with your ADSCALLERS role. In PFCG, choose the aforementioned role and make sure the "Authorizations" and "User"(with ADSUSER assignment) tab are showing green.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Visual Administrator, at services -> security provider I found two groups: ADSCALLERS and ADSCallers - both has no users assigned to them and no manual modification can be made

According to the guide you have to assign ADSCaller to ASSUser.

Assigning the Security Role in Java

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator. (See How to Start the Visual Administrator [Page 57])

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x> u2192 Services u2192 Security Provider.

3. On the User Management tab, choose the Tree tab in the left panel.

4. In the User Tree, ensure that the user you created in ABAP appears under the ADSCallers group.

5. On the Policy Configurations tab, in the Components area, select com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar.

6. On the Security Roles tab, select ADSCaller from the Security Roles list.

7. In the Mappings area, choose Add, which is assigned to Users. A dialog Choose Users or Groups is displayed.

8. Choose the Tree tab.

9. In the User Tree, under the ADSCallers group, select the ADSUser you just created and choose OK. This assigns the new user to the ADSCaller security role.

Please go through the guide again especially from section 5.3.1 to 5.3.7 of this document:

[SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe Adobe Document Services|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd9a6?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed