cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Glass Bottles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

There is a Chemical which is Filled in Glass Bottles & sold to Customers.But the glass Bottles are Returnable to Company.

How to map this Scenario?

How is SAP Configured in Cold Drink Mfg. companies?(In INDIA)

Since in Cold Drink mfg. companies Bottles(Glass) doesn't have unique no.Only empty bottles are returned back from Shopkeepers.

Reg,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/560051545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

It will help you to resolve ur issue.

Regards,

Krishna O

Edited by: Krishna O on May 20, 2010 9:09 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The chemical which is sold should be treated as material

I think it will be most propably a liquiid or powder

If Liquid then Unit of measurement is Litre

If Powder then Unit of measurement is Kg or gms

You need to activate packing configuration that is returnable packing configuration

Glass Bottles are treated as packing materials that is returnable packing materials

So Glass Bottles will also be trated as materials but a different material type

These features are already available in standard SAP

Conceptually available in standard SAP and you need to fit it according to your business requirement

Hope this input helps you to map this configuration

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes the Finished material in Liquid only which is filled up in Bottles.

Do you mean that i need to Create Bottles as LEIH(Returnable packaging material)

then Shall i pack that in Delivery(VL01N)?

After despatching that how will i know that how many Bottles are need to be returned back?

Any Specific movement type is there for returnable packaging material???

How to take those bottles return??? By Creating Return Order & Return Delivery???

Reg,

Amol

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Create the bottle as returnable packaging material. and pack the liquid into these bottles by maintaining the packing instruction and the record. Returnable packaging works on the lines of Consignment processing to some extent. There are two order types "LA" and "LN" for returnable packingin pickup and issue respectively.Kindly check the below link

"http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560092545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm".

Returnable packaging issue and pickup has movement types associated with them which are "622" and "623". Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created OR->DEL with items FERT(TAN) & LEIH(TAL)

When i create Invoice it doesn't copy Returnable material in invoice.

In LOG it gives message that Item is not relevant for Billing.

Reg,

Amol Tamhane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here in this case no need of creation of billing because you are receiving back of the packing bottles from the customer.

So the cycle would be close by doing RPI [Return Packing Issue].

Regards

Yepuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though the glass bottles are returnable some businesses may not charge any thing to the customers. Ex Cool Drink bottles.

Are you charging your customers for the glass bottles or not?

If you are not charging, see that the glass bottles stock are shown up as special stock at customer's place, which you can use pick up order type and a delivery to get them back to your unrestricted stock.

If you are charging your customer, then you have to activate a billing plan to the returnable item category, based on your requirement charge the customer for 30 days or 15 days, whichever is suitable for your business.

Hope this will help you in setting up the process..

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have created order & delivery to take return Bromine Bottles.

Now do i need to Create Invoice agaist return delivery?

Which invoice shall i prepare? Proforma invoice(F8)? or normal invoice(F2)?

Reg,

Amol