cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check run requirement in the Sales order Save user Exit.

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

As per the requirment we are using a user exit SAVE SALE ORDER PREPARE for BOM purpose to reconfirm the confirmation qty.

Now we need to add one more logic in the same user exit, which will run the availabilty check run for each of the line items of the BOM and consider latest confirmation qty from it. So my concern is it possible that we can call the availabilty check run event with in the user exit SAVE SALE ORDER PREPARE or this not advisable?

Please let me know..

Regards,

Babs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did not understood under which situation you would like to have the availability run again, that too automatically.

In BOM set up itself you can have the availability run at sub item level, based on which you need to set up the configuration settings in the item categories.

Let us know your scenario clearly.

Venkat Cheedalla

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Thanks for your reply.Yes you are right availability check runs automatically at sub item level.

But please note the customer requirment iteself is is little different from std BOM configuration.

Currently the availabilty check is activated both at header and sub item level. They are maintaining the stock for header and sub item level.Also the these sub items are some time being sold as invidual materials. hence there exist a mismatch in the stock value between header and sub items.

when a sales order is created both header and sub items will have confirmation with different value between each and the same mismatched values are being passed in to delivery. But the deliveries can not be processed for PGI because of the mismatched confirmation qty between header and item level.

I guess now you the rrequirment.

So we are using the SAVE SALE ORDER exit which will re check the confirmed qty between header and item and takes lowest confirmed qty and change the confirmed quantities from all the line items to lowest one, so that confirmation qty among all the line items are same. This is the first logic we are planning.

Further there is one more additional process BOP need to be run for this header and sub items, which will change the confirmed qty based on the latest stock for individual line item. even in this case also the user exit SAVE Sale order is being called but we need to run the availability check run additionally because of which our requirment will be taken care.

Regards,

Babs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of going in this direction, I think if you can use Delivery Group functionality in the Item category definition and it will be helpful.

However if you want to go with your approach, yes you can call the availability check during order save. Also look at the user exit RV03VFZZ to see if you can use any of them during your call.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai