Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading through the blogs

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I would like to hear your opinions. I was going to look for a blog I have noticed some time ago in the Beginner blog category, but found it would took me like days to browse in the history back, because you can only use Next and Prev buttons and have like 50 posts a page. In the Beginner category you can find 1299 (at the time I write this post) posts. Maybe it would be useful to add some 50 100 150 links or 1 2 3 4, like you can use when browsing the search results on some well known pages?

Will I find anybody who would support the idea?

Regards Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for my suggestions was I was going to read quickly through the older posts and find out why there are no beginner´s questions answered in blogs in Adobe forms category. After reading all that through my feeling is that the Adobe forms blog category is a new one and that is the reason some older posts are marked ABAP or Beginner or Application Server but not Adobe forms.

Can anybody tell me who should I ask to add the Adobe forms category into the relevant categories list for few blogs?

These blogs are:

/people/vani.krishnamoorthy/blog/2006/05/17/fillable-adobe-forms-using-abap

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2007/01/08/performing-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/22/creating-your-first-application-using-interactive-forms

/people/community.user/blog/2007/05/07/troubleshooting-in-adobe-online-interactive-form-for-beginner

/people/juergen.noe/blog/2007/12/07/newbie-infos-to-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2007/11/11/displaying-internal-table-in-adobe-form

/people/lisha.peter/blog/2007/10/16/purely-offline-adobe-scenario-for-bapi-call

/people/sandeep.patel3/blog/2008/10/02/adobe-forms-using-nested-table-text-module-providing-the-functionality-of-page-total-grand-total

/people/sankar.narayana/blog/2008/12/30/dynamic-generation-of-offline-adobe-interactive-forms-for-sap-46c-and-ep-70-without-user-interventionpart-ii

/people/sankar.narayana/blog/2008/12/23/dynamic-generation-of-offline-adobe-interactive-forms-for-sap-46c-and-ep-70-without-user-intervention-part-150-i

It would help a lot if a newbie who start reading the Adobe forms category would find the beginners´ posts first. Maybe this is a little crazy but I try to help the beginners trying to learn Adobe forms a little. You know where you can find me, right?:))

Regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that even possible to add the old blog into a new category? Who can help me with this one, Would be great, Otto

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto,

The "regular" blog moderators can't change the topics of the blogs and it's something that is more of an admin team function.

Don't worry there has been a ton of feedback about the blog system(from myself and others) and I know right now it is under consideration for improvement.

I'm being very patient right now to see what happens, as the blogging system from a moderator point of view, drives me crazy at times because it does not have the same abilities as the forums to moderate content.

Thank you,

Stephen

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, very tedious and manual work, but I did my best to retag all of your list.

There were 2 that didn't redisplay so I wasn't able to update.

Took way to much time (2 hours) so I won't suggest doing such archeology in tagging again.

But a much better idea is to take this great list you created and embed them in the wiki on a page for Adobe Interactive forms where you cite "beginner blogs".

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn´t know it will take so much time to "fix" it. If you would tell me first, I would never ask you to do that! I would thank you for the time and effort, because it would be easy not to move a finger instead of calmly fulfil my wish... I promise there will be no more archeology any more:))) I like the blogs as it works today but I have met people who have been waiting for any improvements regarding the blogs. Thank you a zillion times and will behave, I promise:)))

Conclusion: Kids, don´t try this (the archeology) at home.))) (sounds like a quote by Mr. Jones).

Regards Otto

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm one of them waiting for the new blog system with baited breathe!

Thanks for caring to create the list of "oldies" but "goodies". Put them in the wiki too please!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will have to do that to pay back for your effort!! Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe I should place the content somewhere here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/AdobeFormsin+SAP

But the only EDIT button I can see allows me to add the labels. Could anybody share some basics? Or do I need to ask for some permission or something? Otto

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

You can contribute in the Wiki using the [Wiki stage|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/Home] and read our [Wiki stage guide |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SYFRCw ]on how to do so.

However, as you are an active community member you might want to consider becoming an Wiki editor,which will grant you the ability to submit content directly to the designated space.

Please reach out to me if you wish to become an editor.

Regards and good luck,

Moshe.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I promised, here is the "wiki content": http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/BlogsrelevantforAdobeforms+beginners

Hope that is better than nothing:)) I feel like I am not going to become a wiki pro in a near future:))

Otto

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

The stage is a transition area for submitted content.

The permanent link is - http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/NoJRCw

Regards,

Moshe.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand you right, but if you are searching for a particular blog and you know a few keywords or know the authour of the Blog, then you can search it through the Advance Search options.

pk

ps: .....talking of which, where exactly is the Advanced Search options?? It's been quite a while since I used them and now I cant find 'em anymore.

pps: I prefer Google over SCN for searching in SCN

Edited by: kishan P on May 4, 2010 1:22 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact I didn´t want to search but to browse for the older posts. My question is: would it be useful to have the option to jump between pages (of listing) instead of Prev Next buttons when browsing through 1300 posts?

By the way I use Google to search SDN as well.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Relevant blog for those who have time to read it: /people/rasim.manavoglu/blog/2008/07/16/googling-for-sdners

Otto

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ps: .....talking of which, where exactly is the Advanced Search options?? It's been quite a while since I used them and now I cant find 'em anymore.

I would really like to know what's up with the Advanced Search options. I believe they were pretty decent compared to regular SDN search.

pk