cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR is not getting created automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have linked an original application file to the WBS Element in a Project through u201Ccreate documentu201D, without processing the document info record and checked the file into a secure storage area. But the document info record for this original application is not getting created automatically and also it is not showing any document against that WBS element. The system is not throwing an error also while saving. Its just saying u201CAll required fields must be filled out (DRAT-DKTXT)u201D.

I have already made the setting for Structure node Determine Object Link. Entered the value 1 (simple method for creating a document) in field Create Document.

Can you please let me know what all needs to be done / the steps to create the DIR automatically when we create a document in PS?

Thanking you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

After my tests I would like to inform you that this is the standard system behavior as the document description field is

maintained as mandatory in transaction DC10. Please note that for the simple creation of documents this should not be set as a mandatory field. The creation mode can be defined in transaction DC10 for each object under 'Define object links'.

Please note that the value "1" for the creation of documents is used to enable a user to simple attache a word file to an object without going to the transaction CV01n. Therefore the system behaviour is different then creating a document by CV01n and attaching a file to it. With simple creation mode there should not be any mandatory fields as the user cannot enter anything during the creation process.

However, you can change the behaviour how the document is created by object transaction if you change the customizing in transaction DC10 like this.

If you maintain the value "2" for creation of documents, the user is put to transaction CV01n and then the description can be entered. So maybe this would solve the issue. I hope this information could be useful for you and help to avoid the mentioned error message.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DIR can be created automatically from the "Object Link" objects like WBS. I have just created the DIR automatically through the WBS element in PS. It depends upon the config. settings.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohit,

DIR can be created by following methods in standard environment:

1.CV01n

2.BDC

3.LSMW

if you have attached docuement from another screen DIR is not created bcoz it don't have any relation. you need to create a DIR in cv01n and link to WBS element then this document will be displayed in that object screen and DIR will be created.

If you attached directly from the object screen,DIR is not created unless you have used BDC or LSMW.

I hope this will resolve the query.