cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution not allowing using table PRTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to copy the WBS scheduled dates in two user defined date fields in WBS element. For this purpose, I created a substitution where I added the table fields of PRTE table( the scheduled dates for WBS are stored here) using SE16N in table GB01. I completed the substitution now with user fiedls will get updated from scheduled dates.

The problem is that when I am trying to run this substitution, it is giving error that table PRTE can not be used for substitution.

So, in short substitution is not allowing me to use a table which I added manually. Are there any more steps I need to perfom after addition of the table in GB01, or simply SAP do not allow this ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Substituting PRTE fields should be possible without modification using a substitution exit. But date data (PRTE) is updated by PS scheduling functionality AFTER the substitution was called. That means, if you update PRTE in your substitution and the system decides that a date relevant change was done, it will overwrite your changes, as date relevant coding is processed afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your reply. I do not want to substitute PRTE table field but rather copy it in my user defined field.

I have made it possible using a user exit for substitution and it is working fine for me.

Thanks for all your replies.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note 358473 & 440186.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kabir. I will check and let you know.

Regards,

Mahendra