cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Links in HCM Forms and Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where we need to open a pop-up window when user clicks on help link on

Adobe forms . For this, we have created a Web dynpro Application and whatever application URL we are getting

We are passing to the Help Link UI element like below.

app.launchURL(URL, true);

when user clicks on the help link that webdynpro application is opening.

But the issue is user donu2019t want to see these URL bar, tool bar , action bar.

So is it possible to hide these URL bar, tool bar , action bar when the application is launching.

It should launch just as a window. If it is possible please let me know.

Thanks,

santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you doing all of that? Why not simply use the "additional info" configuration to supply the needed URLs? In this way, you will NEVER have to modify the forms if/when a URL changes or more are needed. It is simply a configuration change. Also, you can make these links specific to the current user of that form step and still be able to share the SAME form among users (ie. an HR Admin does not care to see "Manager Help Link" on a form that they possibly share with managers from a previous step). You are creating much more of a headache and maintenance nightmare for yourself.

Now, that said.....second question....why in the world are you calling some WDA from the form to then launch a URL??!?!?! You can simply place a URL link on the form. Via script, you can also set the window parameters to tell the URL to launch in a new browser window without any toolbars, status bars, etc. Pretty basic Javascript is all you need....not some complicated WDA app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

ur saying to set the window parameters to hide tool bars etc while calling URL.

but we dnt have anything like Open.window which we use in java to do

customisation of the window . i have tried using it but no use.

can u please let me know how it can be done.

Thanks,

santosh