cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to JDBC Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

My scenario is IDoc to JDBC.I will be getting an IDoc from R/3, from this IDoc i have to take a PO number and send request to JDBC & get response back to PI. In this response i will getting a particular feild ZTN value for the po number i had send to Database. Now my requirement is to put this ZTN feild value in IDoc source data and send it as a Update message to Database. I had designed a BPM but got stuck at one point where after getting that ZTN value in to BPM how to substitute in to IDOc which is received from source R/3 system.

(i was asked to use BPM only becoz further we wil get additional requirements for that i hav to put some aditional steps in BPM )

Any inputs pls, so that i can proceed further .

Regards,

VKG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VKG,

As per my understanding your requirement can be achieved without BPM.

IDoc-PI(JDBCLookUp)JDBC.

Two message mapping mappings

IDoc to IDoc(JDBC lookup).

First perform JDBC Lookup to retrieve the ZTN filed from data base giving input and map the resultant value to IDoc ,in this case both source and target is IDoc only.

IDocwith JDBC Lookup Value--Data Base.

Then take IDoc with JDBC Lookup value and send it to data base.

Add these two mapping in one operational mapping. it will work.

If you want to implement same with BPM and your operational mapping in Transformation step. That is..donu2019t do with sync async operations in BPM.

Please correct me if I anything missed out.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for ur reply. But still need some information

We are using PI 7.09(SP 21), I think using of that JDBC lookup facility directly in any mapping is available in PI7.1. "IDoc to IDoc(JDBC lookup)" mapping what ever u had specified how can this be acheived, becoz i need a Source JDBC Request Message and JDBC Response Message reference blog is

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

With this blog i can get respone ZTN value from database but in BPM how to substitute this value in Source IDoc payload and form Update query to database..?

Regards,

VKG.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI 7.0 we can perform JDBC looks ups using Userdefrined function ,JAVA Mapping,we have different ways,

but for your requirement you can go with user defined function,no need of request and response structure,in your case request is PO number and resoponse ZETN value.map this response to IDoc.in first message mapping.

i think you are very beginer in JDBC Lookup concept.

if you want to go with BPM,the response from Data bse some where you storing right,have you created any structurte to to the response filed, if yes then map the same to IDoc ,take IDoc as a receivr in this case,

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur suggestion.As per your advice i'm going to create one IDoc to IDoc mapping and in that I'm directly using JDBC lookup code specified in the following blog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

Now for this UDF as input i'm passing PONumb as input value and expecting ZTN value as output directly in IDOc to IDoc mapping. I will be using this inerface mapping in BPM directly in transformation step to convert this IDOc Message(With ZTN Lookup value )to Update message and send it to Database. Will this work..? Can u suggest me ?

Regards,

Vinod.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will work,i dint find anything wrong in that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I had used lookup in mapping between IDoc to IDoc but when i test it in message mapping i'm not getting any errors but empty screen is displayed,no lookup value is obtained.

Any suggestions please.

Regards,

VKG.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you test in message mapping are you getting any response from lookup,like it is retirving value from Table??

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i test it in message mapping i'm getting an empty screen, with out any values. Getting mapping executed successfully but no values obtained (Source values also not getting displayed)

Any suggestions.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

something wrong in lookup code, can you test the same code in standalone as a java program,u have to debug it??

have you created received JDBC Communication channel right??to connect Data base??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i think the same there is some problem in code, i will test it in other tols. Communication Channel is wrking fine, i think its not the problem with CC. I test the the code and let u know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved..

Thanks..