Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Settlement Rule for CJ20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2 questions,

1. While maintaining a settlement rule, you can place the order of settlement rule mainted for a particular WBS, how does it work? Or rather what I want to know is if I have multiple rule do i have to run CJ88 that multiple times?

2. Second question is, if I want to settle the cost to WIP and aportion cost down to lower WBS is it possible?

I am relatively new to this, any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.While maintaining a settlement rule, you can place the order of settlement rule mainted for a particular WBS, how does it work? Or rather what I want to know is if I have multiple rule do i have to run CJ88 that multiple times?

If you are doing periodic settleement CJ88 will be

executed once at the end of the period,(It won't be a matter

how many settlement rules exists for the WBSE)

2.can you elobrate this point?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When I executed the settlement rule on CJ88, and i placed the order 1,2,3, for 3 settlement rules, it only reflected 1 being posted and not 2 and 3. Is this suppose to happen?

2. I want to know if i can use the settlement rule which I maintained on a WBS, 1 Settle to a G/L and at the same time settle to WBS. Say, using equivilance number, 70 was passed down to WBS A, then first settlement rule G/L, equivilance number 70, then second settlement rule WBS, equivilance number 40 and third settlement rule WBS equivilance number 30. Is this possible?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case 1 can give the details like settlement receiver category and Number

In case 2 if you want to settle the WBSE for 3 different receivers then

we can use equivalence numbers. Cost of the WBSE will be distributed

to three different receivers at a time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pertaining to 2.

However when I go into CJ88, it only reflected the cost settling in to WIP but not to a lower level WBSE.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) there is no order or sequence - the settlement will be as per the defined rule based on value, eq no, or %

2) this is possible for asset settlement using settlement type PRE in the settlement rule

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point 2.

Maintain the distribution rules category as wbse and check.'

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sorry,

i still dont get it ok let me re phrase my problem.

CJ20N

CAT Equivilance Number No.

G/L 70 1

WBS 40 2

WBS 30 3

This is what i key into the settlement rule panel in CJ20N.

When I go into CJ88,

It reflects,

Sender Receiver

WBS G/L

however my other 2 WBS was not reflected in CJ88. Did i do something wrong or does SAP not allow such a way to perform settlement rule. Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the settlement rule - do you see FUL or PER in the settlement type field

if you are using the asset scenario you will have an option PRE - called preliminary

rule 1 PRE to GL £500

rule 2 FUL to WBS A £200

rule 3 FUL to WBS B £300

and so on