cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am doing in proces inspection configuration for the first time. I need few helps regarding that:

1) For ins. type 04, do I only need to activate that type in QM view of material master and lot will be generated automatically? or i need to set something else as well?

2) for inspection type 03, thats quality check in routing/master recipe, what are the required configuration?

Please help me with the steps i have to follow.

thank you in advenace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to generate lot at the time of GRN then you need to activate 04 inspection type.,

With QP01 create inspection plan ,before that you need to create MIC T Code Qs21

Then after doing GRN system will generate inspection lot for which you can give result record & UD ,Stock posting .

After GRN stock will move to quality then after UD you can do stock posting can move stock to unrestricted use.

For in process inspection in routing you need to activate 03 inspection type.

Once you released production order inprocess lot will get generated.

In routing keep control key PP02 & if recipe then ctrl key PI02,

In routing assign MIC .

Inprocees lot is not stock relavent.

Still any information please revert me back.

regards

SANIL

Edited by: Sanil Vadke on May 4, 2010 7:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I am trying the same. I will post again if any issue comes by.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

I followd the steps. Inspection lot is getting generated, but its not showing the MICs. Messege "no characteristics found."

I have included MIC both in routing and insp. plan, but still its not being shown up. MIC are in released status. Usage of task lists is "1", status is 4

plz help

Former Member
0 Kudos

for 03 inspection type-->use routing with Usage 4(or 1 depend upon the customization of inspetion type)

for 04 inspection type-->use task list with usage 1.

Also make sure that in inspectio type auto assignment & check char is active & status of the lot is not CRTD but must be REL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

All are checked. Status is also REL.But its not showing up

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the MIC's did you set the control indicator "record measured results" ?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI fire fighter,

yes i set that indicator too. Problem still persists

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the material master, go into the inspection type setups.

Double click on the 04 inspection type, make sure "Check Chars" is ticked on.

Then Double click on the 03 inspection type. Make sure that here the "Check Chars" is also ticked on.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master just check inspection set up for inspection type chack charec should be on.

regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF and Sanil,

"check char." is also ticked. Now i tried with other materials and they are working fine with 03 and 04 insp type.

Is there any mandatory criteria like we have to attach sampling proc ? coz in other materials i have sampling proc/scheme attached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MIC which is attached in inprocess inspection 03 in routing just check.

In MIC control indicator if you keep sampling procedure check box on then sampling procedure assign ment is mandatory.

So first check control indicator of MIC

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked that too. sampling procedure indcator is not set. In any case, if that was checked, insp plan would have prompted for sampling procedure.

I am still stuck to that material, others are working fine with same settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks gurus,

Solved

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the actual resolution?

It might help others someday.

FF

0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

Could you share your resolution. I have the same issue and all the above mentioned settings are correct. Would be useful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kedar