cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a mapping document. I have a field in source which is EKG and it can be 1 and 2. I have to create the mapping only if the field value in source is 1. In the mapping document, there is no field corresponding to this EKG field in target. In other words there is a blank and mapping is not mentioned for that either.

Do we need a field for the target for this mandatorily ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Which field you want to create if the value offiled EKG is 1 in source documnet,did they mentioned any specific filed in mapping document??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The field in source could be either 1 or 2. If it is 2 then there is no need of mapping itself. The source file should be processes only if the value of that EKG field is one else it shouldn't be processed.

There is no corresponding field in target. Mapping also not mentioned

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then check with your functional team, if they specified logic like to check the value of EKG field ,i think they missed out,or you may not clear..

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do we need a field for the target for this mandatorily ?

No, you not. You can have source fields that are not mapped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If your target structure field is mandatory (1..1 or 1--unbounded) then this should be mapped with balnk or any source field,

But in your case it seems the mapping is mising for the particular element, You better check/Confirm with functional team to get the mapping details for the field

Regards

Ramg