Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an Initiator based on Role name which is mapped to a main role

anand_ogirala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help me in finding a solution for this.

In our current environment, we have a bunch of main roles ( close to 150 of them) mapped to a few secondary roles. One of the requirement at our current client is that the workflow should reach an additional stage if any of the main roles are selected in the request form. My idea was to create a parallel flow based on the role name. I cannot use the main role name in my initiator since there are lots of them and I could not see any common characters to use * as wildcards. Instead, I used the secondary roles mapped to main roles. These are very low in number and has naming convention where I can user * as wildcard in the role name in Initiator. Now my issue is that according to CUP functionality the secondary roles mapped are not pulled into request form unless you submit the request and So the initiator is not triggered. Is there a way to trigger the initiator based on the mapped role?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

What happens generally is that -- Initiator are created on the basis on the main role. User submit the request for main roles and the dependent roles are added automatically. Dependent roles are added later automatically the initiator needs to be created on the main roles. So if initiator is created on the basis of dependent role ( secondary roles ) and you are not selecing the dependent role in the request ( selecting only the main roles ) the initiator's conditions will not meet.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a very similar requirement, and achieved using 'Custom Approver Determinators' where you can define approvers based on different role attributes.

You also would need to setup Stage Detours.

Cheers

Laks

Edited by: Laks on May 5, 2010 7:21 AM

anand_ogirala
Explorer
0 Kudos

can you please provide some details on the stage detours you have configured/