cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e2e Root Cause Analysis Checklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I know I am close to getting some systems setup for RCA, but nothing is showing up in EWAs or within the RCA workcenter.

My system is currently at 7.01 SP05.

Since I've gone through the solman_setup and received all green lights through setting up my diagnostics system and a couple managed I don't know what else to get done. I know the managed system wizard is a step-through but I am asking for help setting up a checklist to make sure I've got everything installed and checked.

Configuration:

Initial - complete

Basic - complete

Diagnostics System

setup wizard - green light

advanced setup - green light

upgrader - green light

Managed Systems

I have a bunch of different systems with green lights under setup results; ABAP, JAVA, and Dual Stack

ISAGENT

I've got updated isagents installed on each system

Wily

Currently at the latest release and our Solution Manager system is connected

SMD Agents

each server/LPAR has an agent installed and is attached

I'd like to finish this up but again I am missing something?!?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I would suggest you visit these two links:

> http://service.sap.com/diagnotics - media library - here you can get installation and troubleshooting guides

and

> http://service.sap.com/EWA

This way you have all the steps documented, and you can check what you have done so far against what is required, and identify the gaps.

Hopefully this information has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed BI in Solution manager system, if yes, you can check whether extractor jobs are scheduled or not. These jobs should be running fine.

Cheers

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed response. I've got Wily successfully connected to Solution Manager, each agent is connected and logging for each server, and ISAGENTS have been installed.

The BI system, or jobs, might have been some of the issue. The Resource Manager job was running daily and since has been switched to every minute.

So now the ABAP side of each system seems to be responding, but the Java still report N/A for workload analysis.

I really do appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions. I don't mind double checking myself and in doing so I found the one issue. Thanks again.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ryan,

Check if all the extractors are working fine for JAVA systems.

How to check:

Solman_workcenter>root cause analysis>Extractor FWK Administration(Left hand menu)

In new page at right side you can check for Log statistics, check if extractors are getting failed.

Also you can check for particular system using managed system tab.

Hope it will help to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Please cross check the following

1. Did u check in SMD agents status ,weather Agents are running or not

2. Did you try to connect to Wily Manager... have u got the satelite systems

Do cross check the same and update the status

Regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have installed wily manager on solution manager and deployed java agent through SMD.

Do you have installed ISAGENT

if yes

try to login on wily enterprise through webview or workstation.

you can check all the links though workcenter also?