cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CTM Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I want to know , can we SCM server for CTM functionality instead of having separate server for CTM ?

In our scenario , we do not want to have another server and want to use SCM server for CTM .

Any pointer in the regard , will be a great help.

Regards

Bhupendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how you will be able to manage with a single server for both Application server and CTM Optimizer server.

Yes, CTM optimizer server runs on Windows and SCM appl server runs on either Unix or AIX. Apart from that there are a number of other factors that drives the need for a separate CTM optimizer server.

1) For APO, most of the application server's work processes are utilized for other batch processing that takes place and placing the CTM server might prove dampening.

2) The CTM engine in itself requires multi core processer and huge amount of Cache memory for it to be able to chunk the master and transcation data.

Another technical aspect is that the CTM engine runs on C++ code and it necessarily needs to have a separate instance running and cannot be part of the SCM servers which are based on different technology.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to have a separate CTM server , till SCM 5.1 it works on Windows OS only.

You need to create RFC from SCM to CTM server.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhupendra,

Online help says "CTM executes the actual planning on a separate server".

On the other hand, the separate server is just another RFC destination

called during CTM... It's a pity I don't have system to test it out.

BR,

Tiemin