cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Deletion in Live Cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to execute similar approach to selective deletion in Live Cache, for example a specific Material, etc...???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Try the following reports in your test system

/SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS Deletes All Locations with Deletion Flag

/SAPAPO/DELETE_PRODUCTS Deletes Products and Location Products with Deletion Flags

/SAPAPO/DELETE_STOCK Delete Stock

/SAPAPO/VS_DLV_DELETE Delete Deliveries

/SAPAPO/VERSION_DELETE_LC_DB Delete Planning Version

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE Deletion of Product-Specific Transportation Lane

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of these programs that delete products are using the deletion flag (LVORM) as the driver, while what I want to do is to selectively delete products for other reasons and not that they are lvorm = 'X'. Let me know if anyone has created a program that has done this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

In APO:

1. LiveCache has many master and transactional data objects that are mirrored in a table somewhere.

2. Master data objects as a general rule cannot be deleted without first deleting certain transactional objects that are dependent on the master data objects.

3. Some Master data objects cannot be deleted without first deleting certain other Master data objects.

In short, I doubt that there will ever be a generic 'delete Product' transaction unless it is written by SAP. Attempting to delete a product master within APO without first ensuring that all dependent objects have been eliminated (both table-based and LiveCache ) causes endless consistency problems.

I believe transaction WUF is as about as close to a 'universal Master data delete' transaction as you will ever get.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

DB49

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tim,

please check the note 571031 about deletion of Product master or location product.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor