cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make-To-Order MRP for components with unstricted-use stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is a finished goods of material with standard planning strategy group "20" in the material master.

There is a component e.g. material A, under the BOM of the FG material.

There is already enough unrestricted stock for material A which has no special stock indicator assigned.

After creating the sales order, I use MD50 to run the make-to-order MRP, but the result shows that there a purchase requisition has been generated for the material A with the sales order assigned and specail stock indicator = "E".

Is there any solution so that there will be no PR generated for mat A as there is enough unrestricted-use stock.

And in the production order of the FG, can the component only requires the unstricted-use stock instead of the "E" stock?

(It is ok for the FG goods receipt as "E" stock.)

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claude,

This can be achieved by using following setting in your material master : Use Indv/ Coll = 2 in MRP4 view of material master of

Component Materail A. Remember to create a new sale order to check that the setting works.

Existing sale order this cannot be changed by system. You have to go to the prodcution order of FG & in component overview manually change from special stock indicator from 1(Individual customer stock) to a blank (Plant stock).

This should resolve your issue. If you have more questions please come back.

thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Thanks for your answer, but I checked that after setting the indicator Individual/coll. = 2 in view MRP 4 of component material A, I found that if there is not enough stock, there is no PR created for that component material A.

That means no matter there is enough or not enough stock, no PR will be generated for the component.

Thanks.

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claude,

Do not use strategy10 in component material A. Just use coll ind =2 in component material A. Ensure MRP type is PD (MRP based planning).

It has to work. It is standard SAP.

thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your information.

I set the indi/coll = 2 and null for the strategy for the component material A

Just want to know, which strategy should I use for the finished goods? And any other setting for the finished goods and the component?

And which transaction MD02 or MD50 for the planning run for the finished goods?

In such setting, after the planning run , PR will be generated for the net external procurement?

Actaully my situation is that I just keep own stock for components, I want MRP to consider the own stock instead of sales order stock before generating PR.

Thanks for your help again.

Claude

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claude Debussy

I think your original question is answered. It is a good SDN practise to close this question as answered & pose additional questions.

As far as which strategy to use for the finished goods, you could use plain vanilla MTO strategy=20. No one can suggest a best fit planning strategy till we know the exact planning situation required by your client or yourself. Hence it is best to pose a new question & give all the detail scenario. SAP has other MTO planning strategy & it all depends on the business scenario.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Strategy group assigned in the Componenets material master? Assign 10 (make to stock) as the strategy group and there will be no PRs generated if there are enough stock of it.

Regards,

Kathir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathir,

I try to set the strategy to 10 in the component material A, but there is still a PR generated for the component.

What's wrong with that?

Thanks.