Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process OB files in order and send idocs in order as well

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've placed some files in a folder. With file adapter i want to pick them in order (by name). As result of each file, i get an IDOC posted in SAP.

File1.csv, File2.csv, File3.csv and File4.csv.

I set EOIO as quaility of service, added a queue name (TEST) and finally set processing sequence 'By Name'.

My problem is that i see in SAP IDOCs, but not in order. It is very important to keep the order of them because data inside them is delta.

I also set the idocs to be executed with a background job, not immediatly.

Does anybody knows what is happening here?

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My problem is that i see in SAP IDOCs, but not in order. It is very important to keep the order of them because data inside them is delta.

This is not supported in SAP system < 6.40

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use quality fo service in EOIO File sender channel ,SO IT gaurantees order processing ,

In target side IDoc receiver communication channel select Queue processing it gaurantees order processing in receiver side.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The IDOC creation depends on the time take in the mapping execution.Suppose File 1 has more data to be processed (takes 5 sec)then File 2 (1 sec).so this may effect the IDOC generation at the target.I think the serialisation should happen in target

please refer /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter if it helps.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using EOIO with NFS or FTP Adapter?

Refer the below forum discussion

Regards,

Ramg

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

NFS.

Because processing sequence is not available for FTP, i've developed two interfaces. First one copy the files into a folder in XI server with FTP adapter and second one, NFS pick the files 'by Name'.

When i check SXI_MONITOR, files haven't been picked in order and of course IDOCs in R3 (4.6c) don't arrive in order. I must keep the order.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your filenames.. is there any time stamp is append with your file names after you moved to XI with FTP adapter?

Regards

Ramg