cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom App on BB using Netweaver Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can custom applications be used for Blackberry using J2ME and integrated with Netweaver Mobile 7.1. We do not wish to use RIM's solution as it does not have the features that we need. I understand NW mobile 7.1 can be integrated with Windows mobile occasionally connected devices and custom apps can be developed on Windows mobile devices

Can the same be done for BB custom applications?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create a BB application using NW Mobile 7.1, you'll have to create your own client. You can find more details on SDN : [SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 - Integrating Custom Client with Data Orchestration Engine (DOE), Integration Information|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30e033a0-73ef-2b10-b291-b653c3b48385].

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already gone thru it. I was looking for some additional specifics about things like

- Need of Mobile gateway. Is this required?

- Anything else we should be aware of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mobile Gateway is not required. You can develop your own BlackBerry client using the information provided in the document mentioned in my previous post.

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you recommend building a mobile device application in NW 7.1 modeling tools? or would it better building an application on BB using Java ME and then interfacing to SAP using NW 7.1?

Answers (0)