cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populating data for Nested internal tables in one section of Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having one standard Travel Adobe form and in the Mileage section of form I am getting the data for

Key_mile Date, number of Miles, Total amount, start location, Destination, and below that for every key_mile and date the amount is distrubuted in multiple cost centers,

so I need to diplay for every Record(key_mile,Date,No.Miles,Total,Start Loca etc..) the percentage cost distribution for the costcenters i.e Total amount is distibuted into two cost centers (50 - 50 %) , so the calculated amount for that amount I have to display, so it will multiple records ...

I am not able get multiple records of percentage distribution for every above record, so please suggest how to proceed on this.

Thanks

Rahman

Edited by: Rahman_tech on May 3, 2010 6:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

probably to my language deficiencies I didn´t get the whole idea but the easiest possible solution (imho) is to do everything in your backend, including the maths, the multiplication and all the rest. Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for your response...I'll try my level best to explain in detail...

the data in this below internal is passing to the Adobe form,

Key_mile Date M_total Value_type_name Value_char Editor

001 20100301 100 Start Location council bluffs

001 20100301 100 Destination omaha

001 20100301 100 Additional Text for Leg of Trip driving from cb to omaha

002 20100301 32 Start Location omaha

002 20100301 32 Destination lincon

002 20100301 32 Additional Text for Leg of Trip driving from cb to omaha

the above data in the adobe form is diasplayed as below..

Key_mile Date Miles Start Location Destination Amount(coming from different table)

001 20100301 100 council bluffs omaha 25.00

002 20100301 32 omaha lincon 10.00

so now my requirement is in the above two records I want place the cost distribution for the amount, can be distrubuted in single or multiple costcenters.., so lets assume the above amount 25.00 is distributed into two cost centers 50% - for costcenter - ABC and 50& costcenter - PQR, I am getting the calcualtion of this costcenter percentage distribution from another internal table. so the I require the o/p like this...

Note that the above internal table 2, is already existing , so I need to include the percentage cost center distribution fro every record.so it must looks like as below...

Key_mile Date Miles Start Location Destination Amount(coming from different table)

001 20100301 100 council bluffs omaha 25.00

Amount Costcenter Company Code

12.5 ABC 0100

12.5 PQR 0100

so please suggest the logic to get the multiple costcenter distributions for every mileage record.

Thanks,

Rahamn

Edited by: Rahman_tech on May 4, 2010 1:12 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said before: do all your necessary data transformations in your backend ABAP coding. If that is not possible, tell me why, if that is possible, do that, it is your best shot. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

the program which I am working is a copy of standard program and in the existing section I need to inser multiple records for that existing record, so that's reason I am facing the problem.

Normally for nested tables we use table subform and here there is already a existing subform, in that I need to do the calcualtions for multiple record based on some condition, AS i am doing all the calcualtions but I am facing problem while populating the data, If you faced any type of this scenario, please sugest whether to use the same subform and add a Section to it or change the whole design scenario for it, please once look into the internal tables above,

because mutiple record for one item comes when there is data coming from one internal table in the whole section.

Thanks,

Rahman

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best shot is to display the SAME structure you have created in your backend. If your source/ backend structure differs a lot from the form one, you cause yourself evitable problems. Change your DDIC structure in the backend, fill it with data and the display the SAME data in your form. If the form is standard one, then add your own version of the table into the context (table of tables i understand), in the initialization of the interface use the pre-fetched data to get a shape you need for the form, push the computed data into the added interface item (the new table) and use the data in your form.

I think that makes sense. If I missed something important, please elaborate to help me understand. Otto