cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region field in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to use the region filed from customer master. I inserted the varios regions through OVK2, however an error pops up when I use this region field:

Entry xx does not exist in T005S (check entry)

I checked the table T005S, and there is the Region entry. I doubt the missing entry in the its check table may cause this issue.

In the check table only client and country are checked. How can I add the region as check field or how can I shoot this trouble?

Is there any possibility wihout doing something with ABAP?

Many thanks and regards.

Edited by: woaidz on May 3, 2010 6:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor

Hi,

Check OSS Note 845388 - Missing check table for Indentification Section

Below is the detail;

Symptom

In the Identification Numbers section in the Identification tab of the

Business Partner, the Country and Region fields do not have any values on clicking their respective F4 helps. This is inspite of the Country and Regions being available in the corresponding tables T005 and T005S. The Standard Address section however, displays the Country and Regions on F4.

Other terms

BP_DIALOG BUT0ID VBUT0ID-COUNTRY VBUT0ID-REGION BU_IDCOUNTRY REGIO T005 T005S F4 BUS0ID_DA

Reason and Prerequisites

This is because of missing check tables for the fields corresponding to COUNTRY and REGION in the BUT0ID table

Solution

These check tables have to be added manually and activated in the corresponding structure(BUS0ID_DAT) and table(BUT0ID) definitions.

Adding check table to Include Structure BUS0ID_DAT:

1* Go to transaction SE11

2* Give the Data Type as BUS0ID_DAT. Display.

3* In the change mode, go to the tab 'Entry help/check'

4* Click on the field Country (component type = BU_IDCOUNTRY)

5* Define the foreign key (click on the icon beside the Search Help). The check table must be T005. Generate a proposal.

The foreign key fields entries must look like the following for BUS0ID_DAT-COUNTRY:

CheckTable ChkTablFld ForKeyTable ForeignKeyField Generic Constant

T005 MANDT SYST MANDT

T005 LAND1 BUS0ID_DAT COUNTRY

6* Under section 'Screen check', Check Required must be set.

7* Under section 'Semantic attributes', set the Key Fields/candidates radio button for Foreign key field type.

8* Under section 'Semantic attributes', Cardinality must be set as 1:CN

9* Verify by clicking on the Check button. Click on the COPY button.

10* Now you must be able to see an entry 'T005' under Check table for field COUNTRY.

11* Repeat the foreign key definition for field REGION (Component Type = REGIO) under tab 'Entry help/ check'. On clicking the Foreign key icon, the Check table must read T005S. Generate a proposal.

The foreign key fields entries must look like the following for BUS0ID_DAT-REGION:

T005S MANDT SYST MANDT

T005S LAND1 GT_BUT0ID COUNTRY

T005S BLAND BUS0ID_DAT REGION

12* Repeat Steps from 6 to 9.

13* You must now be able to see an entry 'T005S' under Check Table for field REGION.

In both these cases(COUNTRY and REGION), you must also be able to see the column 'Origin of the input help' filled with 'Input help implemented with check table'.

14* SAVE and ACTIVATE your changes.

Adding check table to Database table BUT0ID:

1* Go to transaction SE11

2* Give the Database Table as BUT0ID. Display. The transparent table is displayed.

3* In the change mode, click on the Include BUS0ID_DAT and expand the include.

4* Go to the tab 'Entry help/check'

5* Click on the field Country (component type = BU_IDCOUNTRY)

6* Define the foreign key (click on the icon beside the Search Help)

7* Click on the check box 'Inherited from the include'

8* You must be able to see the following foreign Key Fields entries for BUT0ID-COUNTRY:

T005 MANDT SYST MANDT

T005 LAND1 BUT0ID COUNTRY

9* Perform the steps 6 to 11.

10* In case of the Foreign Key fields definition for BUT0ID-REGION:

T005S MANDT SYST MANDT

T005S LAND1 GT_BUT0ID COUNTRY

T005S BLAND BUT0ID REGION

11* Perform the steps from 12 to 14.

12* The next generation of CD-object BUPA_BUP will now make appropriate changes to the view definition VBUT0ID

After these changes have been activated, you will be able to see the respective values for COUNTRY and REGION fields under the Identification Numbers section of the Identification Tab for a BP.

Regards

Edited by: Shiva Ram on May 3, 2010 1:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The newly created region is transported to development testing client or quality client properly or not.If not re transport the request once again.

If the request does not contain any table entries then go to the OVK2 in the development client and then select that entry and then select the Table View menu and then click on the Transport and then save .

Then transport the same into the dev testing client and then confirm.

Please confirm.

Kalyan