Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy data of 140GB take into DMS

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

One of client have very huge data like 140GB in existing system(in legacy), which they want to bring to DMS. Just they want to store the data and archive or view when ever they want. They completed the processing of these docs. in business.

For future for the same type of docs. style want to proceed with work flow / recipient messages according to status of the doc.

I don't want to bring the old data of 140GB into DMS, in that case they may need to go for another software like documentum, but client is not in taking new software. In this scenario is there any other best method to follow.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This can be achieved by following method without purchasing new software:

Ask your abap person to write a programe in BDC to upload these document without any change in attributes and workflow.

This will transfer the data from existing stiorage to DMS storage without any change. and will be updated.

I hope this the only easiest solution as your data is huge.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If cost is a deterrent for the client to not opt for a new software, then you may want to explore 'OpenDocMan'. Its a free, open source basic document management system that could handle your requirements effectively.

http://www.opendocman.com/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 4, 2010 8:15 AM

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 4, 2010 8:15 AM