cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Files generated in source directory (OS) when uploading files to DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a strange problem with one of approx. 40 users uploading files to DMS (CV03N):

Everytime the upload is complete, SAP generates 3 files at the location the file is stored on the PC of the user.

These are the files: (sample, characters in filenames change from upload to upload):

CPICTRC3076

rfc03712_00496.trc

dev_http

I understand that those files are some kind of log or trace files for the upload.

BUT:

1) Why do they not get stored in the sapworkdir of this user as the other user files do ?

2) Why does only this one user have this problem ?

3) And most important: How do I stop those files from being generated ?

In Customize Local layout --> Options --> Trace nothing is activated, I checked it twice !

I hope somebody can help. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Thomas (SAP Newbie)

Edited by: Thomas Fritsch on May 3, 2010 3:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please verify that that the user variables TEMP and TMP are defined for that user as %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

This will redirect all log files to sap working directory under user profile.

BR,

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

thank you for your answer.

I have verified: The user variables TEMP and TMP are set as %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp.

This was not the reason for the problem, but thank you very much anyway.

Any further ideas ?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does nobody have an idea anymore ? In the meantime I have a second user with this problem ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

in the sapgui-folder on the frontend you find a file cadrfc.ini with entries like this :

*----

• TRACE parameters 0 - set trace off

• 1 - set trace on

*----

• -> CPICXXXXXX, RFC_XXXXXX.TRC, CAD_RFC.LOG or DEV_RFC

• will be created.

• This parameter has no effect if you work with SAPRFC.INI

• In this file you can set the trace flag with parameter

• RFC_TRACE=1

CadRfcTrace 0

• -> LOG_XXXX.LOG will be created

CadDialogStandardTrace 0

• -> SAP_CAD.LOG will be created

CadDialogSapCadTrace 1

• directory where all trace files should be written

CadTraceDir

Try this

regards Iring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Iring,

I found and checked the content of this file.

It looked exactly as it should, compared to what you wrote in your above reply AND compared to the cadrfc.ini of other users who do not have the problem.

So no luck here, but thank you anyway.

We checked an INI file. This brings me to the idea: What about registry entries ? Any idea ? I already browsed some SAP relevant registry trees, but did not find anything useful ?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with the other posters here - they are trace files.

search for any files rfc.ini and sap.ini.

I've used the trace files previously, and remember i set an error level in one a rfc/sap ini file.

Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for the additional ideas.

Now here is the solution as SAP remote support found it:

In [SM59] --> TCP/IP Connections, topics SAPHTTP and SAPHTTPA, trace level 2 was set. According to SAP, this should not be activated unless you want to trace any problem. So I removed the checkmarks for trace = activated, and the problem disapperared, those trace files are not generated anymore.

Although I think this was the right thing to do, it gives no solution to the question why only a few users had this problem and others did not have it while doing the same procedure. The above mentioned solution is a global setting, not a per-user setting. It should switch those trace files on or off for ALL users, not only for 2 users.

But I am so glad that it is solved now, right now I do not care anymore about this litte discrepancy.

I hope this text will help others in the future who stumble about this problems. Thanks again to all who tried to help!

Kind regards,

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Fritsch on May 25, 2010 12:17 PM

Set problem to 'solved'

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas-

Can you look in the environment variables for the two users who have this problem?

The way I get there is Windows explorer and hightlight My Computer

Right click

Select "properties" from context menu

In the pop up window - select "Advanced" tab

Click the Environment Variables button.

Scroll through the system varaibles listed to see if any thing has the word "Trace" in there and if the value is set to 1.

I hope it helps!

-J