cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Cycle Service Desk Transaction not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following question regarding logical components with different product version associated to the same ChaRM project.

Consider that we have 3 SAP ERP systems (DEV1, TST1 and PRD1) and 3 SAP NetWeaver systems (DEV2, TST2 and PRD2). These systems are structured in two logical components: one for SAP ERP (Z_ECC_LC) and the second one for SAP NetWeaver (Z_BI_LC).

We have added these two logical components to a ChaRM Maintenance Project, created the related IMG and CTS Projects and run the Consistency Check that gave a positive result. But when we tried to create the Task List, only the Task List was created and the Service Desk Transaction was not created. Do you know why did it happen?

Thanks and regards,

Massimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you click on the 'Show Service Desk transaction' button? If the SDMN does not exist, this button will lead you to a screen where it is created.

You can also try checking the application log after trying the creation of a new maintenance cycle. In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN -> system landscape -> change requests ther is a button that will take you to the SLG1 log but with the filters so that you only see ChaRM relevant messages.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I have checked on SLG1 but unfortunately the log is not so meaningful.

I found a possible solution in this way:

1. Assign to the ChaRM Solution/Project only one logical component (e.g. Z_ECC_LC)

2. Create the Task List and the Service Desk transaction

3. Add to the ChaRM Solution/Project the second logical component (Z_BI_LC)

4. Add the new BI systems to the Task List

But if I start assigning at the same time these two different LCs to the ChaRM Solution/Project, the Service Desk transaction is not created.

Does anyone have experience on managing different landscapes in the same ChaRM Project?

Kind regards,

Massimo