cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP's strategy for XSI (Express Shipping Interface)?

a_heut
Participant
0 Kudos

We are investigating if we can use SAP XSI for parcel tracking with DHL. We like the idea of having an integrated tracking solution that we can call from SO, PO, delivery note and shipment. However, I found information on the internet related to XSI versus UPS telling me UPS is no longer supporting new implementations of SAP. Does somebody know why they stopped supporting XSI? See URL below for all details:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/vtrc-xsi-and-interface-into-ups-3265...

According to this discussion XSI is not the direction SAP is going with transportation in the future. Event Management is the solution for tracking. Their recommendation is to use XML API's from carriers instead like e.g. TrackIT from DHL? Does somebody know whether this information is reliable or not?

Does somebody have information about SAP's strategy for XSI ? Is it worthwhile spending time on configuring XSI for DHL tracking or does somebody have better or other options?

We are aiming for as less custom changes as possible.

kind regards,

Angelique Heutinck

IFF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes this is true i worked on an XSI implementation in 2008 and people already said that support for XSI will be taken for by dec 2008.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/IntegrationofTransportationManagementSystem

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi -

i just implemented UPS, FedEx & DHL using XSI and Web services. Each carrier now provides a Web Service that you can call from SAP and get all tracking, costing and shipment related info back into DELIVERY - Parcel tracking screen. This requires some fair amount of coding but it works with XSI. You can find more info on each carrier website for using web services. Basicaly you create XML requst file, call BAPI and send it to UPS, DHL or FedEx, then you get an XML reply trnsaction into SAP with your info. Then you read XML file into ABAP program and update (XSI tables) VTRKH & VLBL via standard FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Angelique,

ProcessWeaver u2018Global Enterprise Centralized Shipping (ECS)u2019 solution certified by the SAP and DHL.

Advantages:

- No middleware required.

- SAP Certified

- Around 25 parcel carriers certified including FedEx, UPS and DHL.

- You can track shipments directly within SAP

We are happy to provide demo.

Best Regards,

Prasad

Edited by: ProcessWeaver Inc on May 29, 2010 4:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.